✩ "DO YOU LOVE ME TOO?" ✩

not edited [point out any clerical errors if you see 'em!]

"WH-WHAT?"

FRANK STOPPED his hips immediately as Gerard stared at him, his eyes wide as he looked up at Frank's now fucking petrified ones.

Gerard pushed Frank back, signalling Frank to pull out which he did as quick as he humanly could. Gerard sat up, his eyes still wide as he kept his stare on Frank, who honestly didn't fucking know what he was supposed to be doing.

"You- You love me?"

"I-I," Frank was having a mental breakdown as he looked around the room, his mouth open as he just choked out incoherent sounds, "Um,"

Gerard looked at a loss for words, "Frank...-"

"'M sorry I... I didn't..." Frank cleared his throat, "Can we just go from where we left off? F-Forget I said anything?"

Gerard stared at him before slowly shaking his head, "No, Frank, no of course we can't— continue where we left off you just said you loved me,"

"But I didn't—"

"You didn't what?" Gerard asked quietly, both of them now practically a feet apart and sat parallel to each other.

"... Did you- did you not mean it?" Gerard's eyes glossed over as he spoke, his frown making Frank swallow thickly, the feeling of roots squeezing his heart unbearable.

"Gerard..." Frank prolonged the letters, trying to think of something to say- anything- because it seemed like there wasn't any fucking way out of this. He... Maybe he did love Gerard. But with the way Gerard was acting it didn't seem like he wanted to hear that from Frank at all- hell, Frank wasn't even a hundred-percent sure if he had meant it.

He just knew once he had said the words everything seemed to click into place for him. Everything seemed... right.

But that didn't matter— because Gerard hadn't said it back, so now Frank had either admitted his unidentifiable feelings to Gerard, which he didn't even fully understand himself, or he risked coming off like the biggest asshole known to man by saying he didn't mean to say what he did. Which loosely translated to... he didn't love Gerard.

They were both terrible options, but the way Gerard was staring at him made him more scared than he had been in a while. It seemed like Gerard didn't want to hear Frank's answer to it anyway, because Frank was only getting the feeling that maybe Gerard didn't love him.

"Um, no," Frank whispered despite himself, his chest aching in gut-wrenching pain as he watched Gerard's face shift into something he didn't think he'd ever seen before. "I mean- y-yes... maybe?"

"You don't know?" Gerard asked quietly, his eyes confused but above all hurt. "What- is that your fucking go to response when you're not enjoying sex or something—"

Frank swallowed as he shook his head quickly, "No, of course it isn't. I mean, maybe? I don't-"

"Are you fucking serious?" Gerard asked in a heavy scoff, and Frank watched in a haze as Gerard broke their prolonged eye contact.

"I can't fucking believe you sometimes, Frank." Gerard mumbled, his voice laced with emotion as he turned away from Frank fully, "It's like every time we finally get somewhere- you have to tell me you love me while we're fucking and then turn around and tell me you don't mean it at all-"

"I never said I didn't mean it," Frank's eyebrows furrowed, "Granted my timing was a bit off but I—"

"So you do love me then?"