✩ PIZZA BOY ✩

updating sooner than usual because why not 😌

       FRANK HADN'T BEEN getting work done. Any work for that matter; especially not the police kind. Which really sucked balls because Hurley wasn't exactly happy about that, and neither was Mikey.

Luckily Mikey hadn't been up in his ass like he had before, and although a large part of Frank was grateful, he was also feeling soft pangs of disappointment. More towards himself than anything. He knew Mikey had been right when he told Frank to get ahold of himself before he hurt Gerard, but Frank was stubborn with no real regard towards anyone really. Not even towards himself. So he was glad Mikey was downright ignoring his existence, because that would at least avoid the guilt that came with speaking to him.

What was worse than being in some sort of no-getting-work deficit, was how Ray had reacted when Frank had inevitably told him what happened. He felt obligated to, he was weak, and he had to admit that the disappointed glint in his friend's eyes was enough to make Frank hate his life that much more.

"Frank," Lindsey said wandering over to his desk, "Some dude mishandled some evidence so the DA's dismissing your last arrest."

Frank groaned internally, looking up at her with a blank stare, silently signalling for her to leave. And when she inevitably didn't, he couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"Is that all or are you waiting for me to shed a few tears?" Frank asked, making Lindsey's once sympathetic eyes glare at him. Before he could respond to it she was smacking the back of his head harshly.

"Y'know of these days you're gonna get shot by your own partner for being a complete cunt and you better not come back trying to kiss my ass." Lindsey grumbled, walking off back to her desk, leaving Frank to rub his head.

Frank ran a hand down his face, sighing tiredly as he logged onto his computer for the first time since he walked into work. His eyes bored into the dim screen as his mind wandered off.

And in all honesty Frank really shouldn't have been all that surprised when Brendon nudged him, making him jolt.

"Dude, you've been staring at your screen for like... an hour." Brendon said slowly, "You um, you haven't really moved."

Frank grunted, feeling his left eye twitch before he glanced up at the brown haired man, "What'd you want?"

"Well, was sorta hoping you'd help me pick up a few pizzas for our lunch break. I um, lost a bet to Wentz."

"Sorry, Urine. I'm not some errand boy." Frank squinted when he only received a laugh in return.

"You crack me up, Iero." Brendon laughed, patting his back, "No but for real, grab you shit we're picking up those pizzas."

Frank groaned, somewhere deep down feeling a smile bloom at Brendon's attitude towards him. Even when Frank was a cunt, as Lindsey had so perfectly put, Brendon only ever found it amusing, and Frank kind of liked that. Brendon never took him too seriously, which almost made him feel a lot more like a person and not some shitty knockoff version of RoboCop.

Besides, in picking up those pizzas at least he'd get a chance to put some distance between him and the precinct. Which was all Frank really wanted in that moment.

✩ ✩

"You can't say neither." Brendon exclaimed dramatically, keeping one hand on the wheel as he flailed the other.

Frank rolled his eyes, "Well obviously I can since I am."

Brendon just laughed, parking in his spot in the car park near the precinct, "So you wouldn't sleep with a pornstar or a stripper? Boring."