✩ TRUTH BOMBS ✩

not edited

WARNING: mentions of underage drinking

"PLEASE LOOK AT me..." Gerard said quietly, but Frank didn't budge. He kept his gaze strictly on the door opposite them as he felt Gerard's hands on his shoulders and soon chest.

"Please, Frank, please..." Gerard's voice cracked again, and this time Frank could feel his hands turn shaky as his hands tugged on Frank's shirt tightly. Though it wasn't really a tug to show he wanted Frank's shirt off, it was more like he wanted to have some kind of hold on Frank- like he needed to be sure Frank wouldn't leave.

"Why?" Frank finally spoke, his eyes staying glued to the pastel pale door as he heard Gerard sniffle again. His own tears had stopped a little over a few minutes ago and now it was only Gerard who was still trembling in sadness.

"I, I didn't... c'mon, you know I-"

"You what?" Frank asked, chancing a short almost missable glance towards Gerard.

Gerard bunched his shirt up more almost as if that was the only hold on Frank he had, be it both physically and from his heart. "I didn't mean what I said, you matter so much, okay?Please I don't know why I s-"

"How'd I know you're not saying that?" Frank's head turned to face Gerard's tear-kissed face. "How'd I know you're not just... saying that because you're scared I'm going to actually kill myself?"

"Frank...-"

"No, no you only said you wanted to give us a shot after I got hurt- before you didn't want anything to do with me." Frank said with furrowed eyebrows, now watching Gerard's expression closely.

"I, I don't know what kind of answer you want from me, Frank." Gerard mumbled, his eyes trailing across Frank's stiff face.

Frank looked down at Gerard's fingers that were wrung around the material of his black shirt, "You wouldn't have gone on a date with me if I hadn't gotten shot, would you?"

Gerard's eyes glossed again, a small crystal bead escaping from his right eye.

"Of course I w-would have," Gerard choked out but Frank's eyes had already turned cold.

"You really want me to fuckin' believe that?" Frank asked, unconvinced as his blank stare clashed with Gerard tearful one. Though behind his blank stare Frank felt like his heart was being set alight with gasoline and a faint spark.

Gerard nodded frantically as he moved closer to Frank his head nuzzling in Frank's neck as he continued to nod. A soft noise escaped his lips, a silenced sob almost. The sound had torn through Gerard as he held onto Frank tightly. "Please, please d-don't leave me, Frankie."

Frank didn't know if Gerard meant that he didn't want had never seen Gerard to leave him as in; break up with him, which would technically be impossible, or if Gerard meant he didn't want Frank to quite literally leave him. Like leave him and this world behind.

Regardless, it was weird for Gerard not to be the coy and comforting one, and Frank didn't like this version of Gerard. Well, he liked all parts of Gerard but not the ones that caused him pain.

"I'm s-so stupid, I just, I needed time and I know you think I only-" Gerard choked on another noise, Franks arms limp by his side as Gerard latched onto him tightly. "I only said I l-liked you because you almost- but I like you so much, okay? I-"

Frank couldn't keep listening to Gerard's weak voice, it was making his own chest burn. He wasn't at all convinced Gerard truly did like him as much as he said he did, but he hated how torn up Gerard seemed. He didn't want that, not at all. So instead he just slowly wrapped his arms around his shaking form.