✩ LOUDMOUTH ✩

IT WAS RAINING harshly against the windows of the precinct which was currently filled to the brim with perps and the smell of burnt coffee. Curtesy of a certain Pete Wentz. And little tapping noises filled the short stretches of silence that seemed beyond rare, which somewhere in the back of Frank's mind, he appreciated.

Though Frank was only half awake whilst Mikey started the morning briefing, his mind already too busy dreading the fact that he would surely get soaked the second he left the building. In the same way he had gotten soaked when he left his car around ten minutes ago. Frank could say he didn't despise a lot of things, but wet socks were definitely one of the few things he could live without.

The only good news was that it was Friday, and Frank had gotten the weekend off for the first time in more than a few weeks. Lindsey has told Frank it was because Hurley had taken pity on him, but Frank was unnervingly fine with it— because that meant he would just wind down and sleep for a good portion of the day and watch that movie Bob had rented a while ago.

The only thing Frank wasn't too on board with was the fact that Ray would be keeping tabs on his open cases, which really worried him because he always found it hard to fully relax when he had cases he needed to be working on.

"Iero, any updates on the Adam's Street murder?" Mikey asked aloud, making Frank flinch momentarily.

Frank looked up and cleared his throat with a nod.

"Yeah," He said, trying to come across like he had been paying attention, "We know the other neibouring residents didn't hear or see anything, but we got a tip that Milo's staying with his grandmother."

"What's his surname?" Mikey asked and Frank looked down at his hands as he muttered his reply.

"Ferdinand."

"Wait, that kid's last name is Ferdinand?" Ryan asked with a raised eyebrow, a laugh accompanying his words.

Frank nodded half heartedly, "Mhm."

Ryan nodded with a lazy smile, leaning back in his chair. 

"I'd be a criminal too if my name was Milo Ferdinand." Ryan laughed, Brendon turning around to giggle with him before Mikey told them to quiet down.

And it wasn't all that long before him and Ray where gathering their things, heading out the small squad car they were sharing. Frank of course, hating the fact that he had brought in probably half of a lake into his car, his sunglasses covered in tiny raindrops.

Ray sat in the passenger seat, laughing at how Frank wiped his sunglasses desperately on his jeans. Soon though, they were driving at a safe speed to the quiet neighbourhood Milo's grandmother lived in.

"So, excited for the weekend, Iero?" Toro asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

"Totally. I can't wait to rot in my living room while watching shit reality television." Frank muttered, sarcasm dripping from his lips.

Ray laughed, "So no plans I'm assuming?"

Frank shook his head as he looked out the window, "Nope." He said popping the 'p.'

"Thats a shame," Ray said, "I really thought that one beer with us changed your whole solo lifestyle."

Frank let out a soft laugh, "It's gonna take a lot more than a bottle of beer to do that."

His sentence was followed by a small silence as the car filled with the noise the rain made when it hit the windows and the windshield wipers scraping against the glass, creating a soft squeaking noise.