✩ OMELETS & RAIN DROPLETS ✩

THE SOFT MUSIC coming from Frank's phone rang around the kitchen as he made his omelet, deciding on this rare Sunday morning to try and start the day without skipping breakfast and then lunch consecutively.

Besides he could hear Bob and Ellie having a bit too much fun, getting up and all of that, so he decided he may as well be a good roommate, and friend, and make Bob and his girlfriend some breakfast.

Which also coincidentally distracted him from the very disgusting noises he didn't need to be hearing.

He was getting out three plates when he heard giggling and footsteps, Bob and Ellie appearing soon enough.

"Don't you have work today?" Bob asked as the two of them sat down by the counter, and Frank shook his head.

"Nah," He said quietly, putting the plates in front of them before placing pieces of omelet on each.

"I didn't know you could cook.." Ellie said with a laugh, and Frank offered a mocking smile before getting forks.

It wasn't that he exactly hated Ellie, because honestly, Frank couldn't exactly afford to hate very single person he ever met. That would be a lot of negativity and hate in his system, even for Frank. Ellie was just such a phenomenon to Frank, she was this small thing with faded blue hair and a mouse-like voice. She worked as a chef in some restaurant uptown, but Frank just couldn't wrap his head around her and Bob's relationship. Not that he exactly wanted to, he just found it strange.

Bob was always vulgar, bragged about sometimes getting on people's nerves and had the tendency to not really do manners, and Ellie was just so damn quiet and fragile and probably hadn't even pissed off a fly. Frank had to admit at times he wondered when they would just call it quits, but it had been a good three years and the two of them seemed perfectly content, which made Frank feel good that his friend had something good in his life.

Since god knows he himself didn't.

"Dude," Bob said to Frank, clearly not pleased with Frank's response to his girlfriend's comment.

Frank hesitated with a sigh before looking up a nervous Ellie and putting on the best believable smile he could. Which, honestly, wasn't all that great or convincing.

"Yes," He said softly, "I can cook."

She nodded awkwardly as Frank turned back to the fridge to grab a beer, not caring at all about the fact that it was ten in the morning and that he had originally made food for himself too. He frowned when he noticed it was the last one, but shrugged it off.

"Frank, c'mon it's ten AM." Bob said with a sigh, having wrapped an around Ellie who was staring down exclusively at her plate.

Frank ignored him and opened the cap with his teeth, spitting out the metal cap on the counter before taking a large gulp of the cold drink. The buzz was barely there, but he felt better after the alcohol set in his system.

"This is really good," Ellie mumbled quietly as Frank nursed his beer and bob ate his food.

Frank kept his lips on his bottle as he responded, "M'glad."

It wasn't long before Bob and Ellie were retreating to the living room, Frank simply nodding at the two before going to take another gulp of his beer when Bob forcefully yanked it off of him.

"What the fuck?" Frank asked, annoyance more than evident as he wiped the spilled beer around his mouth and chin with his hand.

"Oh quit bitching, you shouldn't be drinking this early in the day anyway. I'm doing you a favor." Bob said as he walked off, throwing Frank's beer bottle in the recycling.