✩ "SAD" & CONFUSED ✩

WHEN FRANK ARRIVED back to his apartment that night, he wasn't all that surprised to see Bob in the living room watching Ready, Set, Cook.

He almost didn't notice in all honesty, because he was too deep in his own mind to properly give a shit about Bob's whereabouts, but unfortunately Bob more than just lacked social cues, so he was all over Frank the second he walked in through the front door.

"Dude, where the fuck were you? I've been calling you for fucking ho—" Bob stopped when he saw the state Frank was in, taking in the messy hair and dirty shirt and unbuttoned jeans.

A big grin washed over his features, "You finally got laid!"

Frank winced and gave him a small nod, not bothering with any lies at this point. He ran a hand down his face as he went to walk back to his room, having no other ambitions but to overthink himself into an early grave. But Bob's voice once again rung throughout the apartment.

"Who was it? " Bob asked like the nosy bitch he was, "Were they goo—"

"I'm really not in the fucking mood, alright?" Frank snapped, making Bob's voice stop as Frank groaned to himself once again in frustration.

He grit his teeth as he walked back to a confused Bob who was raising an eyebrow at him.

"Why not? I mean you got lucky, shouldn't you be in the mood if anything?" Bob asked, crossing his arms habitually.

Frank contemplated telling Bob what had actually happened, deciding that maybe it wouldn't be so bad to get a second opinion. Maybe if he practiced opening himself up, Gerard would see that he was mature enough to talk about what happened, and that maybe he didn't deserve to be cast away so carelessly.

So after not much thought on Frank's end, he eventually sat himself down on the couch with his head in his hands.

"I just had a rough night, okay?" Frank said softly as he rubbed his head.

"What happened?" Bob asked carefully. "You did get laid... didn't you?"

Frank sighed reluctantly with a small nod, "Yeah, I did. But it's not like it matters anyway."

"Why not?"

"I... he said we should just forget it happened." Frank muttered in response, feeling the same weighing feeling come back the more the words played over in his head.

Bob frowned as he tried to process what Frank was saying, "And that makes you... sad?"

"Yes, Bob, that makes me sad." Frank responded blankly, honestly way too tired to explain to Bob why he both hated Gerard with all of his being and at the same time wanted to kiss him and hold him close, and not just during angry sex.

"Do you know why he would want to forget it though?" Bob asked, clearly on a roll with the questions.

Frank shrugged honestly, "He didn't say. I just,"

Frank took a in a shaky breath, closing his eyes as he felt his guard lower enough to a point where maybe he could be honest with not just Bob but with himself too. "For a bit I really thought... we'd be okay, y'know?"

Bob nodded slowly, evidently deep in thought, "Well, did everything run smoothly? Did you ask before doing shit and actually have a good time or was it awkward and weird? Because that would probably explain why he—"

"I did everything right," Frank muttered as he squinted his eyes in thought, "Or, I mean, I think? I, I was a little tipsy so I guess at first I didn't really let him sp—"