✩ MR. PANIC-PANTS ✩

more updates!!

       "FUCKING GODDAMNIT." FRANK grunted through his teeth as he peeled his shirt off, throwing it somewhere in his bedroom before rolling to his closet and trying to find a half decent shirt that he hadn't fucking slept in.

He probably should have told Gerard to come later but he hadn't really thought too hard about how much labour it took him to change after he had heard Gerard's soft voice agree to meet him.

Not to mention he had technically had fifteen minutes to get ready and he had only now started actually getting on with it.

Frank nearly fell off of his wheelchair when he heard a knock.

He strained his body to grab a shirt from one of the hangers, cursing when he accidentally moved his back weirdly making a sharp pain shoot through his body.

There was another knock.

Frank groaned and instead just rolled himself to the door, ignoring his struggle to find a shirt as he opened the door for a shivering Gerard. He was smiling in that same way a kid would when they'd greet their mother's dinner party guests, not scared but not relaxed enough for a genuine smile.

"Good thing I didn't wear my own invisible shirt, that'd be awkward." Gerard laughed quietly, his frame hugged tightly by his chocolate coat. His black hair framed his soft face nicely, a soft blush from the cold tinting his cheeks.

Frank just stared at him blankly, making him laugh again, "Real funny."

"I try." Gerard said as he walked past Frank who rolled back so he could step into the apartment.

And Gerard stared at Frank with a raised eyebrow when Frank just sort of stopped talking, as if to ask Frank where he should be standing and what he should be helping him with. It was actually quite funny to Frank how out of place Gerard looked sometimes. Of course it was only funny because he knew Gerard liked to be in his own element, so it was always cute to Frank when he saw him stumbling around and nervous.

"Aren't you gonna...change?" Gerard asked slowly, "I mean, I'm not sure New York is quite ready for the whole 'naked detective' look yet."

Frank cleared his throat and nodded, leading Frank to his messy bedroom that had a few discarded clothes on the ground, along with a few case files and his badge hanging off of the draw to his desk. He had locked his gun away in his and Bob's extra storage closet, not wanting it anywhere near him.

Gerard politely took a seat on the edge of Frank's sloppily made bed, slowly taking his thick coat off as Frank rolled back over to his closet. To be honest, he wasn't quite used to doing this, this being changing in front of Gerard and also getting his own clothes while still in his wheelchair. Usually Bob would give him what he needed since he couldn't reach the hangers from his seat. But he was determined to do it this time, he had to. It was embarrassing enough having Gerard watch him fumble around, he couldn't make the man also get his clothes for him.

Though unfortunately, Gerard noticed his struggling anyway.

"Do you need some help?" Gerard asked gently, and Frank immediately shook his head.

"No." He said immediately, but Gerard just rolled his eyes and stood up regardless.

"Jeez, even on medical leave you act like a cop." Gerard muttered as he walked next to Frank and easily took off the black shirt Frank had been reaching for.

Frank ignored his comment and took his shirt from Gerard's hands. He put it over his head quickly, offering Gerard a small and momentary smile of gratitude. Gerard returned it and went to sit back down when Frank cleared his throat.