*Chapter Six

Your breath hitches in your throat causing you stop breathing and you start spluttering.

"Are you alright?" Emily asks, feigning concern as she starts patting your back

"Umm, I didn't realise George had a girlfriend," you reply once you've gotten your breath back, gently pushing Emily's arm off your back. Alex and James share a look and chuckle at your response.

"Well not officially but they've been dating for quite a while so I'm sure George will pop the question soon!" Emily says cheerfully as if your reaction was totally normal.

You felt tears well up in your eyes. Why am I like this? You start blinking rapidly, this always happened when you felt emotional but you didn't know why it was happening now, sure you liked George but you had only known him for about a week so why were you getting so emotional already?

"Oh I was just wondering, he'd never mentioned her before." You say as you get your eyes to dry up.

"Defensive much," Alex murmurs under his breath. You glare at him.

"I should probably get going, I haven't uploaded last nights stream highlights yet." You say, eager to leave as soon as possible.

"That's a shame, I was hoping I could get to know you." Emily frowns.

"Don't you want to say bye to George?" James asks.

"I feel sick, just tell him I had to rush home," You say as you gather your things.

"Ok bye, it was lovely to meet you," Emily says, smiling at you.

"Yeah hope to see you around," Alex says and James simply holds his hands up in a wave.

"It was great to meet you guys too, ok bye!" You reply as you rush out the room.

As soon as you get out the house you close the door shut and lean against it. What was that? You ask yourself. You couldn't believe you'd just ran, not only that but you'd made your feelings for George VERY clear when you didn't even fully understand them yourself.

You eventually and bring yourself off of the door and make your way back to your apartment in a slump. Once you get back you drag yourself on to your sofa and put your favourite TV show on. After about an hour and a half you hear Lily enter the apartment. She walks into the living room and sighs when she sees your slovenly form on the sofa.

"What's wrong?" She says sympathetically, sitting down on the sofa next to you.

"George has a girlfriend... I think."

"You think?"

"Well yeah this girl Emily said that he might be dating this other girl Meli so..."

"So what?" Lily exclaims, "you don't know for sure and even if he has a girlfriend that doesn't mean you can't still be friends! I know it sucks but at least it's something."

"I guess."

"I'm gonna go take a shower but if you need anyone to cry and watch Netflix with, I'm here," Lily says, giving you a quick hug before she leaves the room.

You're about to put another episode on, you feel your phone vibrate. You pick it up and see that you've got a text from George.

big man memeulous
Hey, Alex said you didn't feel too good. Are you okay?

Y/N
i felt sick sorry i just rushed out

It's fine I hope you feel better soon

I'm sorry about all the calls today I just needed to sort something out

george i have a question to ask

Ask away

Well it was now or never.

do you have a girlfriend?

No why?

that emily girl said you and that girl meli were dating

Me and Meli were almost a thing a while ago

She just had a hard time letting go

well thats a relief

Why? ;)

no reason...

Damn that sucks I was gonna ask you out as well

wait really

Yeah I know we haven't known each other that long but I really like you Y/N

good thing i like you too

Well then do you wanna get lunch tomorrow?

I know this really nice Italian place near yours, I could pick you up

12?

Sounds good

well then ill see you tomorrow :)

You couldn't stop smiling

You were going on an official date with George!