*Chapter Twenty One

It had been just over a year since George had asked you to be his girlfriend and you'd gone from strength to strength as a couple. Currently, you were unboxing furniture in your and George's new flat, luckily for you, some of your friends had agreed to help you.

You're finishing putting together your bed post with Lily and Fraser but you were getting extremely sick of their sickly flirting. Lily had just successfully screwed two things together and Fraser is acting like she's the most talented, amazing person in the world.

"I seriously cannot believe you managed to figure that out! I can never read these Ikea manuals." He says, "I love you so so so much."

"I could only do it because of your support darling!" She replies in a sing-song voice.

"Okay I'm gonna go check on George and Alex." You say, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible.

You walk through the door of your new bedroom into the kitchen where George and Alex were arranging your cutlery.

Before you walked through the door you heard them talking.

"I don't wanna be all cheesy but this is legit the happiest I've ever been." You hear your boyfriend say. Smiling, you stopped just outside the door, wanting to hear more.

"It's fine," you hear Alex laugh, "it's kinda sweet actually."

"I just never thought I'd find someone who is everything I ever wanted. Like she's gorgeous and funny in exactly the same way I am."

"Did you just call yourself gorgeous?"

"You know I meant funny."

"Nope." You could hear the smirk on Alex's lips.

"I see her as the best reflection of myself is what I meant."

"Okay now you're getting a bit unbearable."

You were about to walk in when you heard George speak again.

"I love her bro."

"Ew." Alex responded monotonously.

"Let him be nice Alex!" You laugh as you walk around the corner.

"How much of that did you hear?" George blushes.

"Enough to know that you're the best reflection of myself too." You grin at him before giving him a quick kiss.

"Get a room." Alex retorts.

" It was just a peck!" You hold your hand up.

"Ignore him he's just jealous." George says as he slinks an arm around your waist.

Alex laughs and rolls his eyes, "I'm gonna see how Will's doing in bathroom."

Once Alex leaves George pulls you in for a long kiss.

"I meant everything I said." He tells you once he breaks away.

"I know." You reply, placing your hand on his jaw. "I meant it too." You give him a gentle kiss on his cheek before pulling him into a hug. In that moment you had never felt happier. You'd never felt luckier, you had the job, the man and the friends of your dreams. If only the girls who made that Facebook page could see you now. Well they easily could, considering you now had over three million subscribers. "I'm so happy right now." You almost whisper.

He pulls away from the hug and cups your face, looking into your eyes. "I am too. I love you."

"I love you too."

If only you knew that would be the last time you said it.

"Ugh it looks like we forgot to get forks, I'll head to Tesco's." George says, looking over at the cutlery.

"I'll come with you."

"Can't complain about that." He grabs your hand and the two of you exit the apartment as George texts the others to let them know.

"Did Meli say if she was gonna come by later?" You ask as the two of you walk down the stairs of your knew home.

"She said she was busy." He replies. You nod, not wanting to push it. Meli had been distancing herself from you and George for the past year and you could tell that George wasn't over it.

"More fun for us!" You smile, trying to make him feel better.

You get outside and see the Tesco's on the other side of the road, one of the benefits of living where you did.

You quickly walk across the street and start patrolling the aisles for forks.

"It's mad to think about where we were a year ago don't you think?" You ask George.

"Yeah. You were whipped." He jokes.

"We both know it was the opposite." You giggle, "where do you think we'll be this time next year?"

"Married?"

"Too soon."

George looks relieved, "good."

"Guess we'll probably just be the same as now, which makes me extremely happy."

He looks at you lovingly, "same."

"How romantic." You say sarcastically.

"Why use many words when one does the trick?"

Eventually you locate the cutlery and pay for your new forks. As you reach the crossing you look at George and admire him and think about how lucky you are to be able to say he's your boyfriend.

He steps into the road.

"You know you should always look both ways?" You tell him sassily, "haven't you seen the weird adverts with the iron deficient children?"

He turns around to respond.

But he never gets the chance.

The car was too fast.