*Chapter Eighteen

You were currently sat at a back table of Starbucks sipping your favourite drink. You'd texted Emily to meet you there so you could talk, luckily she'd agreed.

 You look up to see Emily walk over to your table, sipping on a black coffee. She sits in down in the seat opposite you and you both look at each other awkwardly.

"Hey." She states, breaking the silence.

"Why?" You ask, not wanting to beat around the bush.

She studies her cup, "I'm sorry. I really am." She looks at you with pain in her eyes, "I didn't realise you weren't a bitch."

"Great apology." You say sarcastically.

"Look I know, I just wasn't expecting you to be nice and I was already too far in, I'm sorry."

You ignore her empty apology, "Did you plan it?"

She sighs and looks at you, "no. The tweet was unplanned."

"Then why did you do it?"

"All night you were talking about how much you liked George and how sad you were about it and I know how Meli feels and the opportunity was right there. You'd left your phone unlocked and I added my fingerprint and tweeted that. Then George started texting you and I panicked and took my fingerprint off and left it."

"But why did you carry on?"

"I needed to make sure it would work." She pauses, "that I didn't tweet that picture for nothing."

"So let me get this straight. You did all of this for Meli?"

Emily nods.

"So why send those pictures to my mum, why send that video to Will? Why release that Facebook page?" You were trying to stay sounding level headed but anger was bleeding through.

"I... I..." She looks at you with a serious expression. "I wanted to ruin you. I didn't want you to have any confidence. I didn't want you to think you were good enough for George."

"You did all that. For Meli?"

She nods again.

"I get that you're her friend, but come on. You don't have to be her weird slave."

"She's so much more to me than that." She looks furious.

You look at her with a confused expression.

"You don't understand our relationship."

You scoff, "you're talking like you're in love with her or something."

She looks alarmed.

"Holy shit." You say as realisation washes over you.

"Don't." Emily replies, embarrassed. "If she wouldn't be with me then I want her to be happy with someone else and George is the only person that's truly made her happy."

You look at her for a few seconds, trying to figure out what to say.

"I'm sorry." You simply state. "I really am. I can't imagine what it feels like to be so attached to someone."

"Please don't pity me."

"If I don't pity you then I'll have to hate you."

"I'd honestly prefer that."

"You're unbelievable. How fucking dare you? You didn't know how my mother would react to those pictures and yet you sent them anyway because you want your crush to be happy? I guess it makes sense in your twisted head."

"I'm sorry."

"How did you even find her to send them?"

"LinkedIn."

"Jesus." You laugh, "I almost have to give you props."

She looks down at her lap, "can I go now?"

"Just one last thing. Do you know how fucking selfish you are?"

"What?"

"You didn't just mess with me, you messed with Mia, Will, Alex, George and even Meli. You let me believe it was her."

"I had no other choice!"

"Yes you did." You grab your bag and get up to leave. "Goodbye Emily. I'm genuinely sorry."

And with that you exit Starbucks, leaving Emily behind you.

By the time you get home you see that George has uploaded the video with the two of you that you'd filmed a couple days prior.

You gingerly walk over to your laptop, finally feeling good enough to stream. You quickly tweet that you're going to stream in twenty minutes and begin to set up.

Twenty minutes later you're ready. You sit down and take a deep breath before starting the stream.

"Hey guys!" You say as you see people start to join. You wave as more people start to join. You look down to the chat to see the same thing over and over again, people wanting to know more about the "hacker".

"Okay fine I'll tell you about the hacker." You tell your viewers. "So basically, someone who I considered a friend decided to try and ruin my life, I guess that would be the best way to put it."

You look at your chat to see them asking why.

"I'm not going to say why or who because it's private and I don't think it's my business to say. I also don't think it's my business to say what else they did." You smile. "But it's over now and I promise I'll stream and upload more. Honestly I'm just looking forward to the future and to moving on from this. Anyway, who wants to play some Warzone?"

As you load the game up, you hear your phone chime.

big lad memeulous
I'm proud of you :)

You smile and carry on with the stream.