*Chapter Ten

"I need to find my phone." You practically yell at James, "I need to delete that tweet!"

You and James search the whole house until eventually you find your phone wedged in between two sofa cushions. You go straight on to twitter to delete the tweet, refusing to look at the hate comments because you can just feel that you've received a ton of backlash.

You also see that you've gotten countless  messages from all of George's friends. You close your phone as you definitely don't have enough energy to apologise to everyone individually right now. That being said, you can't help but have a look at what George said to you. You see that he's called you thirteen times over the course of the night.

Big George Memeulous 1:28am
Y/N im sorry

Please just call me back.

Y/N she doesn't mean anything I'm so sorry

Big George Memeulous 2:00am
Please call me back 

I promise I'll never even speak to her again

There were countless more texts like that, you felt guilt rise within you. The feeling got solidified when you scrolled to the recent texts.

Big George Memeulous 11:07am
Y/N what the fuck?

Why would you do that?

Y/N please, just delete it

Y/N can't you see my texts?

I know you've seen these messages just take it down!

Fucking bitch

You feel tears coming to your eyes as the last text. Fucking bitch. It keeps ringing in your ears. Another message catches your attention too I know you've seen these messages. You had your read receipts on so he might've known that you'd seen his texts. But how? This was the first time you'd seen these messages unless... Stop deflecting! You tell yourself. You know you have to take responsibility but right now all you can think about is your pounding headache.

"Y/N I think you should leave." James is standing behind you.

You nod, reluctant to speak unless it comes out a sob.

Silently you do the walk of shame back to your apartment, begging yourself not to start crying on the tube.

As soon as you get home, you drag yourself to the shower and cry loudly as you wash yourself. After you get out and get changed you decide to go into the living room so you can continue your hungover pity party whilst watching your favourite TV show. But as soon as you get there you see Lily and Fraser sitting on the sofa looking at you awkwardly.

"Guessing you heard all that?" You ask.

"Yeah..." Lily trails off.

"I should probably get going so..." Fraser gestures to the door.

"Yeah I'll show you out." Lily and Fraser get up and leave the living room.

That was weird, you think before hitting yourself, they probably saw the tweet and hate you like everyone else.

"Do you hate me?" You ask once Lily re-enters the room.

She sighs, "No, I just..." She recollects herself and smiles at you. "I could never hate you, but I don't get why you did what you did."

"Neither do I." You tell her honestly.

She gives you a pitiful smile, "you'll get through this."

"Thanks."

Once she leaves the living room you once again start feeling like you want the world to swallow you whole so you switch on your favourite TV show to try and make yourself feel better.

Unable to focus on the screen, you decide to call the one person you think will be slightly normal.

"Hiya!" You hear Emily's peppy voice.

"Hey, hows your hangover, mine's killing me."

"I've got the perfect cure!"

"Please let me know because I feel like death." You laugh down the phone.

"Text me your address and I'll be at yours in two hours, look pretty!"

"Wha-" You start to say but she hangs up before you can finish.

Exactly two hours later you hear a knock on your door. When you open it, Emily pulls you into a warm hug.

"You look gorgeous!" She squeals. "My car's outside, I'll be the designated driver."

"Wait where are we going?" You ask as the two of you walk toward the nearby car park.

"Clubbing duh! The only way to get over a hangover is to get another one!"

"That's terrible logic but I'm down."

Once you reach the car a familiar figure steps out. Meli. She scowls when she sees you.

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" You ask.

"No!" Emily replies, looking dejected, "I thought you two could make up."

Meli suddenly breaks out in a huge smile.

"You're so right Emily." She says, "Y/N come here."

She opens her arms out for a hug. You go toward her shyly.

As the two of you hug she whispers in your ear.

"If you hurt George again, I will make you regret being born."