*Chapter Nineteen

"You look amazing Y/N," Lily told you as you looked at yourself in your mirror.

It had been two weeks since Emily had confessed and you finally felt like you'd found your place in London. You and George had been hanging out regularly ever since but this time things felt different. George had asked you to go on a dinner date with him so you and Lily had spent the last three hours making sure you looked perfect.

"Are you sure? I feel like my foundation looks crusty."

"Babes stop being so dramatic! You look perfect!" She quickly smoothed your dress over before continuing, "you've got to stop worrying, George will be here soon." As if on cue you hear a knock on the door.

"Speak of the devil." Lily laughs. "Anyway have fun!"

"Don't wait up." You wink at her as you walk through the front door of your apartment to see George standing there with a bouquet of your favourite flowers.

"Hey!" You say as you give him a hug, making sure not to crush the flowers.

"Hi, these are for you." He nervously hands you the flowers.

"Thanks! I'll just go pop them in a vase." You briefly run into your house and practically throw the flowers at Lily.

"You know what to do with them. Ok bye!" You head back out the door.

George leads you out the apartment to reveal an Uber.

"How romantic." You laugh.

"Not everyone has neckbeards sending them thousands of pounds for sitting in front of a camera." He says as he opens the door for you.

You do an exaggerated gasp. "I was joking but you saying that makes me want to be a gold digger for real."

George climbs in the car after you and tells the driver where you were going. After about twenty minutes the driver pulls up outside a place named "The Ritz Restaurant".

"Holy shit, isn't this place supposed to be super fancy." You say to him as he pays the driver.

"Yeah but you're worth it." He opens the door for you.

You close the door behind you and thank the driver before replying, "ew don't be lame."

George chuckles, "I was just trying to be nice!"

"You were, I'm just emotionally crippled." You say sarcastically (but is it sarcasm when it's the truth?) as you walk through the doors of the restaurant together.

George tells host your reservation and you get led to a cute table in the middle of the restaurant. As you wait for the waiter you tell George about the weird guy that asked for feet pics on stream and George asks you for advice on what the next Eboy video should be. After ordering you notice that George seems nervous.

"You look beautiful by the way." He says.

"Thanks." You reply, "you look pretty good too."

He smiles at you.

"Are you okay?" You ask.

"Yeah I'm just overwhelmed by your beauty." He says sarcastically.

"I did not like your tone there." You laugh.

"So you think you're beautiful? Bit full of yourself."

"You are such an asshole." You giggle.

You continue laughing at each other until your food comes. Once the food comes George starts teasing you about the weird way you blow on food.

"You're only saying that because you wish I would blow you." You tell him in response.

"Bit forward."

"Well sometimes if you wanna shag you have to be upfront." You shrug, laughing.

"But we're not even married yet!"

"Shit sorry guess I'll wait to make really bad sex jokes."

After a few more awkward sex jokes your waiter collects your dishes and you order dessert.

"Bad choice." You tell George after the waiter leaves.

"You are so rude, I cannot believe I was gonna ask you to be my girlfriend." He retorts.

You stop laughing. "You were gonna ask me to be your girlfriend?"

"Uh... Guess that's a weird way to announce that."

"So you're not gonna ask me anymore?" You grin.

"Well I might as well now."

"Go on then."

"Okay." He pauses, "Y/N I think you're amazing and hilarious and gorgeous and will you be my girlfriend?"

You break out into a wider grin, "of course!"