*Chapter Nine

As soon as you slam the door you run down the hallway, you hear George running after you so once you find a bathroom you get straight in and lock the door, feeling hot tears sprinting down your cheeks. You lean against the door letting yourself slide to the floor.

"Umm.. I'm trying to piss...."

You look up to see Emily awkwardly sitting on the toilet, covering herself up with her skirt.

"Sorry I'll just-" You managed to stutter out a response, reluctantly turning to leave the room.

"It's okay, it's my fault anyway I forgot to lock the door," she says. "Just turn around so I can... You know."

"Oh right of course!" You say, facing the door.

"Are you okay?" Emily asks. "I mean you're kind of crying right now."

You sigh, "It's George I saw him-" You stop yourself, remembering who you're talking to, Meli's best friend.

"Saw him what?" You hear a toilet flush behind you.

"It doesn't matter," you say quickly.

"I know you like him."

"What?"

"Alex told me you were going on a date." She explains as you hear her wash her hands. "You can turn back around by the way."

"Well it doesn't matter if he likes me, you were right." You say bitterly as you turn around to face her, "him and Meli do make a cute couple."

"Oh," she says, adding it all together, "I'm guessing you saw them together?"

"Yep."

"Well I'm not going to lie to you, Meli's my girl so I'm always gonna root for her. But you seem nice and you probably don't deserve to feel like shit." She envelops you in a hug and you can't help but smile. She pulls away from the hug and gives you a cheeky grin.

"Now let's get wasted."

Time skip

You open your eyes to feel a dull ache in your chest and a pounding in your head.

You look around and determine that you're lying in a bathtub in a different bathtub to the one you were in last night with Emily. Speaking of last night... What happened?

You shut your eyes, trying to force your mind back to the previous night. The last thing you could remember was Emily comforting you after you saw George and Meli. George and Meli. You felt nauseous at the thought of them. Wait no that's the hangover. You barely have time to scramble to the toilet before steaming vomit starts spewing out of your mouth. After you're done you grip on to the toilet seat to catch your breath.

"So you're awake."

You look up to see that James has entered the room.

"Hey." You try to sound peppy but it comes out almost like a squawk.

"Hi." He replies coldly. "I know you were mad but that was too far."

"What are you on about?"

"You know what I'm on about. Unless you were too off your face to remember anything?"

"I'll go with the latter," you reply jokingly, trying to ignore his intense tone.

"Well maybe this will remind you." James reaches in his right pocket and brings out his phone. After a bit of scrolling he hands you his phone.

"But this is just my twitter."

"Look your most recent tweet."

You scroll down and look, it's a video. As soon as you see the thumbnail your heart drops. Shaking, you click play and a short video starts to play.

It was filmed by you at George's house, Alex was seeing how many grapes he could fit in his mouth. ten grapes in George started to speak: "He's gonna choke!" The camera panned to him as he repeated "he's gonna choke!" Before laughing. The video then shut off but the face and voice was unmistakably George's. That was when you looked at the caption.

Mask off @/ memeulous

"Where's my phone!" You yell at James.

"I don't kn-"

Ignoring him, you go straight to his contacts and select George, calling him. After three rings he picks up.

"George! It's Y/N I swear it wasn-"

"Shut up." He spits down the phone. "Never speak to me again."