*Chapter Fifteen

You can't tear your eyes away from George and it seems like he can't either. Eventually he looks  away "we should probably carry on trying to figure out who's targeting you."

"Yep." You say, trying to pull yourself together and stop thinking of George.

"I could call Meli and see if her or Emily have anything to do with everything?" He suggests.

You nod in response as George starts to scroll through his contacts. He presses to call Meli and puts it on speaker, after four rings she picks up.

"Hey!" She sounds friendly, a tone you'd never heard on her.

"Hey Meli, I need to talk to you." He responds.

"Talk away!" Her tone remains the same.

"Have you been messing with Y/N recently? Like tweeting off her account or sending her Onlyfans around?"

"What? Of course not. Is this about the face reveal? Is she trying to say she didn't do it or something?"

"I just think maybe someone else could be behind it."

"She's chatting shit to save her reputation George don't listen to her!" Even though you knew she was completely incorrect, you heard the concern in her voice for George and you couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

"Regardless of what you think, just tell me if you've done anything to her."

"No." You heard her voice almost break as she continued. "Do you really think I would do something like that?"

"No of course not! I'm sorry..." You see a brief flash of grief on George's face. "Do you maybe think Emily would do something like that?"

"Why do you think she would have anything to do with this?"

"Well maybe it has something to do with y- actually I don't know."

"No, finish your sentence."

You and George sit in silence.

"Oh you can't? It's alright I'll do it for you. You think it was for me, because all I'll ever be to you is the psycho girl from your childhood who's obsessed with you that you can't unfriend because it might send me over the edge."

Suddenly you feel like you're intruding on a very private conversation.

"Meli I-"

"Don't try and apologise, not now when I'd do anything for you and you don't even bother to pick up my  phone calls. And how dare you bring Emily into this when she's been the only person who's been there for me." You're stunned into silence, you turn to George and it looks like he is too. "I hope you have some fun with Y/N before you fuck and chuck her too."

She hangs up.

After what feels like forever George looks at you and speaks; "Y/N... I don't even know what to say."

"Don't worry I know you won't fuck and chuck me. I haven't even fucked you yet." You say, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Yet?" George asks, wiggling his eyebrows at you. You laugh along with him but it's obvious he's shook up after what Meli said.

"I misspoke, don't be so cocky." You laugh at him.

"Maybe we could cross a few other names off the list, I think we're both doubting Meli as a suspect."

"Okay well we should start by going through the people at James's party." You reply.

"There was countless people there, I don't even know half of them."

"Ok well since everything is targeted at you it must be someone who you know so lets just go through everyone you knew there."

"Well I got there with Lily and there's no way she would do something like this."

"Are you sure?" George asks.

"Yeah she has no motive and it doesn't seem like the kind of thing she would do."

"Maybe she's jealous? You're doing pretty good, you're one of the most successful streamers in the UK, you're verified and you've got over two million subscribers."

"Nah, Lily doesn't care about being famous, she's too lazy."

"Fairs, what about Will?"

"Why would Will send the video to himself? That makes no sense." You pause, "the only others are Mia, James and Alex."

"I doubt Mia would do that, I mean why would she send the video to Will anonymously?" He says, "unless he were in on it?"

"That's ridiculous and you know it," you laugh before looking down and sighing, "we both know that Emily and Meli are the only two people that could've done it. They were the only ones that could film the video at the club."

"I'm sorry Y/N." He puts his arm around you and pulls you closer.

"It's okay, it's not your fault." You mumble, resting your head on his shoulder. You feel a buzz in your pocket.

"My phones going off just a sec," you say and look down to see Emily calling you. "Speak of the devil."

You pick up the phone and Emily immediately starts speaking, "Y/N hey, you need to look on Twitter. I am so sorry."

"Sorry for what?" You ask, putting your phone on speaker.

"It's a link to some Facebook page, someone sent it to some tea spill Twitter account it's well..."

"Well what?" You snap.

"It's some bullshit I just wanted to warn you." As Emily speaks George taps on your shoulder, he's pulled up Twitter where you see everyone going crazy about an old Facebook page and you instantly know exactly what it is.

"Y/N? You still there?" Emily says down the phone.

"I need to go." You hang up.

"Are you okay?" George asks earnestly. You ignore him, opening Twitter and clicking the link everyone was sending you on Twitter. When you see what it is your eyes prick up with tears. You were never popular in high school and one day some of the more popular girls had made a Facebook community page which was basically made to bully and make fun of you. You'd hoped no one would ever see it but now your worst nightmare had come true.

"I have to go." You grab your stuff and start to leave as quickly as possible.

"Y/N wait!" George follows you as you run down the stairs of his block of flats. "That stupid Facebook page doesn't mean anything!"

You turn to face him "but it means a lot to me."

You know you're being childish but you can't help it. That Facebook page reminded your darkest days in high school, you felt gross and inhuman, you never wanted anyone to see them for fear that they would see what those girls saw in you and agree.

Despite his yells you turn and storm away.