*Chapter Twenty

You were walking to Starbucks. You were meeting Meli there and thought it would be funny to meet in the same place you spoke to Emily to deal with Meli. You and George had only been together officially for two weeks but you could tell that the tension between you, him and Meli was getting him down so you decided to ask Meli to meet you and shockingly she'd agreed.

When you arrive you see her sat in a seat near the back on her phone, probably not wanting to be seen in public with you.

"Hey." You say, sitting down opposite her. She nods in response, not taking her eyes off her phone.

"So!" You clap your hands together, trying to hide how uncomfortable you feel. "I wanted to talk to you and clear the air, I know you were probably mad at me for the face reveal thing but I'm sure you know that wasn't me so I was hoping we could move past that?"

"No."

You didn't know how to respond to that.

"Well I'm not sure what Emily's told you bu-"

"I haven't spoken to Emily since she told me, what I do know is that you assumed I did it because I'm an awful person right?" She interrupts.

"What is your problem?" You ask, making her finally look up from her phone. "I get George was there for you but that doesn't give you an excuse to act like a bitch to someone you don't even know."

"You don't know anything about what I've been through."

"And you don't know anything about what I've been through!" You were having to actively stop yourself from shouting. "You're an adult, you can't treat people like trash because you have a crush! Guess that's why you and Emily were such good friends."

"I don't think you realise how shit it is to basically be in a relationship with someone only to find out that they've mugged you off for someone else."

"Well that's not my fault!" You retaliate, jealous of how level head she's managed to sound.

"It also feels a bit shit to have everyone think you need something done for you. I could've gotten past you and George on my own, I didn't need Emily to step in." You hear a hint of sadness in her voice.

"I'm sorry about that," you tell her, "But why did you act like such a twat to me when we first met?"

"George stopped talking to me. Or at least less than he used to. I guess he was trying to distance himself from me, probably for my sake. But I was pissed off! Wouldn't you be too?"

"Yeah." You mumble

"Exactly." She looks pleased with herself. "I'm sorry about that, I really am, but you can't blame me for everything else."

You give her a small smile, "maybe next time you meet someone, don't tell them to fuck off."

She giggles, "thanks for the advice." She looks at you sincerely. "I am sorry, I really am."

"Thanks."

"And," she sighs as if preparing herself for what she's about to say. "I'm happy for you and George, I wish you the best."

"That means a lot, it will to George too." You grin at her, "I hope you too can become friends again."

"I hope so too," she says, returning your grin. "Maybe we could become friends too?"

"I'd like that."

AN

This is the second to last chapter and I just wanted to quickly say thanks to everyone that's read this! I've had so much fun writing this and reading all the comments (yall are hilarious).

I'm thinking of writing a sequel/spin-off but I'm not 100% sure, it depends what the reaction to the end is.

Also a quick shout out to @imnotilliterate for making sure that everyone who reads the comment knows I know you irl.

That was a shit authors note but thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting !!