*Chapter Eight

You smooth your outfit out one more time as Lily knocks on the door. The two of you had spent hours making sure you had the best outfit that managed to somehow combine modesty and sluttiness. Even though you knew you looked great your stomach was still spinning like a washing machine.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when a tall brunette opened the door.

"Hey, are you here for the party?" He asks awkwardly.

"Uh yeah." You smile uncomfortably whilst Lily holds up the the two bottles of vodka she brought.

He beckons the two of you into the front hallway of the house, "I'm Fraser by the way," he says, you see him catch Lily's eyes and she blushes.

"Lily." She replies, giggling. "Oh and this is Y/N." You give him an awkward grin which doesn't matter because Fraser was staring Lily.

"So did you grow up in London?" He asks.

"No I actually lived in Huddersfield my whole life until about six months ago." Lily replied, her hands going to her hair as she started to nervously twirl it.

"Yeah I thought your accent sounded Northern, it's beautiful."

You stood there for what felt like six hours. Lily and Fraser kept going on with their admittedly adorable but still barf worthy flirting as you look around desperately for someone you recognised but all you could see were strangers.

"Y/N you made it!" You hear a voice from behind you and turn around to see George. You breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank fuck." You exhale. "Those two" - you gesture behind you to Lily and Fraser who hadn't even noticed you weren't part of the conversation anymore -  "are a walking stereotype for shy people flirting, still kind of cute though."

"You act like every interaction we've had isn't straight out of a fanfiction."

You laugh in response.

"I am sorry about Meli by the way, you didn't deserve any of what she said and for the record she was wrong," George starts, "you totally have a chance with me."

"Wow I'm honoured." You laugh sarcastically. "And for the record, you totally have a chance with me too."

He gives you a genuine grin, "I'm glad."

You both smile at each other, you can feel the butterflies filling up your stomach. Now is the perfect time you say to yourself. You take a deep breath and lean in. The world starts to move in slow motion as George starts to lean in too...

"I LOVE THIS SONG!" A man bumps into you whom you quickly identify to be Will as he drags a pretty girl with short brown hair with two blonde streaks through the hallway you were stood in.

"Sorry about him," George laughs as you watch the couple disappear into the living room.

"It is a pretty good song to be fair." You say as Party Rock Anthem plays. "We should go dance too."

"Yeah no. I don't dance."

"I know you can!" You sing goofily to the tune of the High School Musical song.

He laughs. "Fine." He groans. "But only for you."

"Yes!"

You grab his hand and run into the living room where the music was playing. You hold on to his other hand as the two of you start jumping up and down in time with the song.

"AND WE GON MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MIND!" The two of you scream at the top of your lungs.

"I JUST WANNA SEE YOU" The two of you start head banging "SHAKE THAT!" You laugh as George starts exaggeratedly throwing it back.

"I need more alcohol for this!" You yell at George over the music.

"I'll go get you some wait here!" He yells back, quickly giving you a hug which makes your heart explode.

Once he leaves you sit down on a nearby couch to catch your breath.

"Y/N!" Will sees you on the couch and comes to sit next to you pulling the girl he was dancing with over to you.

"I'm Mia!" She exclaims happily pointing to herself as if she forgot who she was. This makes Will laugh hysterically and you now really regret leaving Lily with all the vodka.

"This is the girl George wants to shag!" Will replies pointing at you as you blush wildly.

"The one with Onlyfans!" Mia yells excitedly as if she's just realised something. "I'm subscribed to it! You are so hot!" Will nods along in agreement

"Thanks!"

Suddenly Roar by Katy Perry starts playing.

"WE NEED TO DANCE!" Will shouts. Mia gets up from the sofa and yanks him up as the two of them disappear into the crowd.

Five songs later and you're still waiting for George on the sofa. I should just wait here, he'll probably be back soon. As the sixth song starts you realise George isn't coming back. You sigh in contempt as you get up to go look for him.

After weaving through countless mounds of drunk/high people. Eventually you see James run out a room. "Gross!" You hear him yell.

"Hey James!" You call out to him.

"Y/N!" James practically screams as if he's seen a ghost.

"Have you seen George?"

"Why don't you go chill in the living room? Will's in there, have you met his girlfriend Mia yet?"

"Yes I've been there for ages, just tell me if you've seen George." You say getting impatient.

"No I haven't, wanna go play beer pong?"

"No I want to find George." You reply pushing him out of the way and walking over to the room he was just in.

"Stop!" He yells. "Y/N lets just go somewhere else, my girlfriend Aria has been dying to meet you."

"Maybe another time? I just really wanna find George first." You turn to open the door.

"Y/N whatever you do you cannot enter that room."

"Why?" You question, turning the door handle.

"Y/N stop!"

But it's too late. You push the door open. Immediately feel you tears well up your eyes and before you can stop them they're running down your face.

George was on a bed lying on top of someone, kissing them. He shifts, letting the girl on top of him and you see who it is.

Meli.

You gasp and both eyes dart up to you. You turn to leave.

"Shit! Y/N wait, I can explain!" George cries out to you, pushing Meli off him.

"Fuck you." You spit back, slamming the door behind you.