Twenty-Two

SCOTT

"Mitch! Wake up!" I was holding Mitch in my arms when Dani came in the room.

"Is daddy okay?"

"He passed out. Where's Amber?"

"I couldn't pick her up. I didn't want to drop her. Dad? Will he be okay?" He pointed to Mitch.

"Daddy will be fine buddy. Go sit with your sister. I'm staying right here with daddy so you have to tell me when the doctor people get here. Okay?"

"Okay dad. Take care of daddy."

"I will. I promise." I kissed his cheek and he ran back out to Amber.

I looked down at Mitch. His eyes were closed and his chest was slowly rising and falling, "Mitchy. Please wake up baby. I love you. So much." He didn't move at all. He just laid there. Almost lifeless, "Mitch. Please. Don't leave me." I kissed him lightly, sobbing at the same time.
-
-
About five minutes later, I heard a loud knock on the door, "Paramedics!! Open up!" I heard the door open and loud footsteps.

Mitch was still laying on my lap when the paramedics came in our room, "Sir, we're gonna need you to let go of him. We have to get him to the hospital as soon as possible." I stood up, gently resting Mitch's head on the ground. This brought back too many bad memories.

"Does he have any medical issues?" One paramedic asked as they tried to get him on the gurney.

"He has cancer. He fell off the bed and hit his head really hard."

"How do you know him?"

"He's my husband. Will he be okay?"

"I don't know. Are those kids yours?"

"They are. Will we be able to ride in the ambulance with him?"

"Of course sir. We'll make sure he's alright." They took him to the ambulance and me and the kids got in behind them. I held Mitch's hand the whole way there as I silently cried.
______
A/N: I'm sorry I'm splitting this up into short chapters, but I don't wanna combine it all into one so.