Parting ways

Steve's pov

It's been a great week here in National City but sadly we have to go back in New York. Natasha and Kara got really really close and to be honest? It seems like Natasha is her best friend and not me!

"This is suck! I don't want to go home yet!" Natasha complained as she stumbled her feet.

"But Nat you know that we should right?" I said trying to soothe her.

Kara stepped in and wrapped her right arm in Natasha's shoulder. "Hey Tash it's okay we can face time sometimes, maybe I'll visit New York if I have some spare time." Kara assured. Natasha sighed and leaned in Kara's shoulder. See what I mean? They're literally best of friends now!

"Maybe we can visit here again?" Natasha pleased.

"Of course you can! I'd love that actually."

I cleared my throat to get their attention luckily it work. "Natasha said 'we' not 'me'." I pointed out making the both of them glare at me.

I raised my hands in the air indicating that I'll back off. Few minutes past our ride came. It's time to go.

"Oh gosh I will really miss you Kara." Natasha mumbled as they embrace each other tightly.

"I'll miss you too Nat." They pulled away and Kara gave me a quick hug, "Take care of her Grant."

"You know I will, I'll miss you Keira." I gushed earning a giggle from her. I know that Miss Cat Grant calls her 'Keira'.

"Time to go guys bye, see you soon."

-----

"I hate flying so much." Natasha murmured, almost impossible for me to hear.

I grabbed the side of her head and let it rest in my shoulder, I also intertwined our hands.

"Go sleep, I know you're tired." I whispered and lingered a kiss on her temple. She snuggled more to me and let her droopy eyes finally rest.

I played with her hair on my other hand and I don't know what came to me but then I suddenly wake her up. "Baby?"

"Yeah?" She answered, her eyes still closed.

I patted my lap, "Sleep here." I initiated and practically let her sat on my lap. Her face on my shoulder, my arms around her little waist.

I know it sounded cliche but I feel like something's wrong, like something is gonna happen.

"Baby? Aren't you gonna sleep?" I heard her mumbled.

"No, I wanna ba awake so that I can feel you." I admitted. She suddenly faced me and cupped my face. We're lucky that we own this plane or else we would get people's attention.

"I'm here alright? We wouldn't arrive in there for like four or five hours yet."

"I know but I feel strange, I don't wanna let you go. I want nothing but just to hug you the rest of the flight."

She took a deep breathe and smile. She peppered my face with kisses then giggled. "Who says that I would allow you to let me go anyways?" She smirks. I didn't answered instead I just stared at her adoringly.

"Can you promise me something Steve?" She asked sternly.

"Anything."

"I want you to promise me that if the day comes that I pushed you away... You will thrive to get me back. Even if I told you that I don't love you, you'll get me back."

I frowned at what she had said, "Why are you saying that Natasha?"

"Just promise me?" She begged, her grips on my hand tightened.

"I promise you that if that day comes? I will do anything to have you back, to fulfill my promise that I'll marry you someday. I would never stop trying even if you hate me for it but..." I paused, she looks at me like waiting for continuation.

"But?"

"But if you found someone that can make you more happier than you've ever been with me? I'll let you go. I'll set you free even if it kills me." A lone tear escaped my eye and so does she.

Natasha wipes my tears softly and looked at me sincerely. "I want you to remember that I will always be yours, that I will always go back to you. I love you and no one can change that. No one!"

"I love you always. I will always be yours."

-----

"Do you want me to take you home? I can drive you there it's pretty late." I offered to Natasha. It's kinda late and she's driving herself home alone.

"Nah it's okay, see you tomorrow?"

"See you, I love you." I embraced her tightly as I could.

She hugs back and giggled, "So tight eh? Seems like you don't want me to go."

"Hmm."

"I love you too, I need to go now."

"Are you really sure about me not taking you home?"

"Yes silly." She pressed a slight kiss on my lips and let go.

Eventually she drive herself home. I went in our house straightly to my room. I took a long shower to make myself feel comfortable later. My phone buzzed but I am brushing my teeth so I decided to ignore it and just call back later. I finished brushing my teeth but my phone didn't stop on buzzing.

What does this person wants? I asked to myself and when I saw who's calling I immediately answered. It's my Natasha.

"Hey baby what's up? Sorry I was brushing my teeth."

"Steve I don't have a lot of time..." She said  sounded... scared?

"Hey what's going on? I asked in worry.

"My car keeps on going. I can't stop it something's wrong in it!"

My heart immediately dropped at what I just heard. "Nat this is not a good joke,stop it!" I said in the verge of crying.

"I wish I was joking, I just wanna hear your voice for the last time."

"No! Don't say that please!"

"We both know what's gonna happen Steve. Promise me that you will tell to my family that I love them okay?"

"Baby please don't..." I heard ber crying in the other line. My hearts crushing for the fact that I can't do anything but to cry! Damn it!

"Steve please promise me, there isn't much time..."

"I-i... I can't.

" Please?"

"I-i promise. I promise. I-i love you Natasha."

"I love you baby." That's the last thing I heard from her before the sound of crashing and siren.

My Natasha is gone and so is my heart.

•The End•