Resurgence

The blue haired boy stretched his hand towards his enemy, pushing him into the waiting tentacles of a purrgil. He closed his ears to the pleas of his friends, forcing his energy into holding Thrawn in place.

The tentacles on the purrgil began to glow as they prepared to jump to hyperspace. Ezra raised his head, meeting Thrawn's gaze. He narrowed his eyes, a silent resolve washing over him. He had to see it through to the end.

He finally let himself hear the cries of his friends. He couldn't think of anything to say, besides what had already been said. Ezra closed his eyes as a blinding light surrounded the ship and they were pulled into hyperspace. When he opened his eyes again, he was lost among the stars. His only allies were animals and his only companion was his enemy.

Sabine Wren slid her hand along the smooth surface of the holotable, sighing heavily. A few years had passed since Ezra had disappeared. The Empire had fallen, leaving a weakened galaxy struggling to grow. A door hissed open further back in the ship and Ahsoka Tano stepped out. She had left her white robes and staff in the cabin, but still wore her gray apparel.

Sabine switched on the holotable as Ahsoka joined her. "So, I managed to contact Hera. She said she hasn't heard from Ezra ever and everyone she's asked has never heard of him. I'm beginning to think that asking people isn't the way to go."

Ahsoka raised a hand to her chin. "I'm inclined to agree with you. If we want to find Ezra, we need a faster route."

"How do we get one of those? The purrgil could have taken him anywhere in the galaxy and we would be none the wiser." Sabine leaned forward, scanning the several star systems that were projected.

"Well, we could try to find Ania," Ahsoka replied. "It's possible that we could use their connection to find him."

"Do you really think they still have one after all these years?"

"It's been there since they were little. I'm sure it will still be there."

"All right. What about finding Ania? I heard Mortis tends to move on its own. The last time I tried to contact her, the transmission never went through."

"Where was the last place we knew Mortis was?"

    "When Ania and Ezra went, she said they found it in the Chrelythiumn system."

    "That's still wild space. It's possible the planet could have moved back there."

    "It's a good starting point at least. I'll try to contact Ania and keep searching for Ezra, in case Mortis doesn't show up."

    Ahsoka nodded and stood. "All right. I'll inform the pilots." She headed towards the front of the ship.

    Sabine linked her wrist cuff to the holotable and projected an old image. She smiled briefly, seeing the familiar faces of her friends. Even Kanan was there, proving the image's age. Her gaze flickered to the purple Twi'lek, Tolsa, and furrowed her brow.

    Sabine switched the table off and broadcasted a communication. After a few moments, a hologram of Tolsa appeared, along with Jordan Mandala. "Sabine? It's been a while. How are you?" Tolsa began.

    "Yeah, it has been. Things on Lothal are all right. Actually, Ahsoka and I are on a mission to find Ezra. We think that if we go to Ania first, she might be able to lead us to him. Do you have any ideas on how to contact her?" Sabine asked.

    Tolsa furrowed her brows, then shook her head. "I'm sorry. The only thing I can suggest is trying to send her a transmission, but I know how well that works."