Stormy Tensions

Ania glanced out the viewport where Kit was hugging Veres and Saji. Ahsoka had already left to meet with Rex and continue her own mission. Cyana was in the back of the ship, along with Ro. Ezra flipped a few switches beside Ania, prepping the ship. At last, Kit pulled himself away from his family and boarded the ship, followed by R3.

He joined them in the cockpit quickly. As soon as he was strapped in, they lifted off and soared through the atmosphere. Ania set the calculations in the navicomputer. After it dinged, she activated the hyperdrive. Ania leaned back in her seat and watched the stars fly past them.

"Did Sabine manage to get Feton Ralius?" Kit asked.

"I don't know. She said they talked to him, but whether or not he shows up is another story," she replied.

Ezra rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "I remember someone saying Death Watch used to be stationed on Concordia. Has Bo sent people to check it out?"

"Yes, her spies said the old camp is still deserted and there's no sign of a new one. Death Watch will be smart about hiding their base. They won't make it easy for us to find."

Kit shook his head and let out a frustrated hiss. "I still can't believe the New Republic isn't taking this seriously."

"Sounds like a new regime fell into the old one's place," Cyana drawled. She traipsed into the cockpit and sat down in the seat beside Kit's.

"Chancellor Mon Mothma has no real power," Ania pointed out. "After what happened with Palpatine, I heard they abolished most of the Chancellor's power. She's basically just a figurehead now."

"I think they're afraid of another war," Kit scoffed. "They spent so long fighting the Empire, that now, they're afraid to put themselves out further than they have to, in case they make more enemies."

"Death Watch isn't big enough to start a war with the New Republic," Ezra pointed out.

"Allying with the remaining Imperials and whoever this Snoke guy is seems to have empowered them." Kit crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "This is why I don't like politicians."

Ania glanced at Ezra with half a smirk. Looks like we're back to the old Kit now. She laughed a bit. "Kit, you don't really like anyone."

"I like you guys," he shrugged.

"I feel flattered," Cy batted her eyelashes towards Kit.

He cocked an eyebrow. "I didn't necessarily mean you."

"You will someday."

    "Yeah, right."

Ania turned her face away, stifling a laugh. "Oh, how's Tolsa doing by now?" Ezra asked, hiding his own laughing grin.

"I'm not sure. I haven't talked with her. I suppose we'll see once we get there," Ania shrugged.

"Uh, is Ro going with us all the way to Mandalore?" Kit cut in. "I feel like she might come across as a shock."

"Ro goes where she wants to. If she plans to come, no one can stop her," Ania shrugged.

She turned her attention back to the navicomputer as it began beeping. In a few moments, they dropped out of hyperspace. Naboo appeared before them, as beautiful and serene as ever. Ania guided the ship down towards Theed. No escort met them.

"I think they've learned to recognize our ship by now," Ezra said. Ania silently nodded her agreement as they landed in the large palace hangar. Two smaller Kom'rk fighters were already there.