If I Fall

"Mandalore thanks you for your help. You can stay as long as you need to," Bo said. She shook Ania's hand firmly, then Ahsoka's. "I'll make sure Gideon is turned over to the New Republic."

"I'll help," Feton said, behind Bo.

Bo glanced at him, arching an eyebrow. "I thought this was the end of your charter. You're free to return to your crime ridden life style."

"Yeah, well, my men liked the action. We'll stick around just in case Death Watch tries to come back again," Feton shrugged.

Ursa leaned towards Ezra. "Among other reasons," she whispered.

Ezra snorted with laughter. "I'm going to need you to fill me in later," Ania whispered. He nodded, then wiped the grin from his face as Bo gave him a warning look. Bo and Feton boarded a shuttle and departed, heading for the Republic cruiser. Ursa and Fenn Rau walked back into the palace.

"All right. You said you have a plan to fill us in on?" Kit prompted. "I hope it's good. You're making me send my sister to Coruscant after I just found her."

"I promise, it's important. Leia will take care of Ziyah and Kein Rei," Ania promised. "Come on."

Ezra and Ahsoka fell in step with her. The others followed close behind. Ania led them into a quiet meeting room down the hall. A holotable sat in the center of the room. Tolsa and Sabine moved over to Ezra's other side, while Cyana and Kit joined Ahsoka. Ania switched the table on, projecting a star map.

"I saw my father," she began. Ahsoka's eyes widened and she smiled softly, but said nothing. "He told me that in order for me to stop seeing the throne of the Sith, I had to face my fears. These visions are my fears. I keep seeing myself joining the Dark Side and fighting alongside these two people. I don't know who or what they are. All I know is they have ties to Vader and the Emperor."

"I think Ben is one of the two," Ahsoka added. "I've already told Luke about my visions and he'll help look after him."

Ania nodded and continued on. "The Son and Daughter told me that I have to stop trying to understand the visions. I know what they mean by that now."

"You're never going to know what exactly the visions mean because they're fickle things?" Cyana interrupted with a yawn. "Even I knew that."

"Yes, but there's more to it than that. The visions showed me what could happen, my potential. If I'm ever going to stop being afraid of myself and my power, then I have to face this. I have to find Snoke and this throne of the Sith. I need to know what my role is."

Cyana and Kit glanced at each other nervously. Ahsoka raised a hand to her chin, contemplating. "There's a lot of risk in this. Snoke will tempt you. He'll do whatever he can to make those visions come true, or to steal your knowledge of the future."

"I know. That's where you all come in. I have to face Snoke alone, but you all have to help me hold on."

"How do we do that?" Sabine asked.

"Ro is going to take you to the World Between Worlds. You'll be able to see everything as it happens. She's going to open a portal so you can talk to me, but you won't be able to interfere beyond that," Ania explained.

"How will you find Snoke?" Tolsa asked.

"I'm going to let him find me."

"I don't like this. If we're not there with you, we can't help you," Kit sighed.

Cyana leaned against his shoulder, watching Ania through narrowed eyes. "She won't need our help. She didn't survive Vader and the Emperor for nothing."