Return

Ania spun in her seat, exhausted with boredom. Kit sat in Ezra's usual spot, watching hyperspace fly past them. Ro and Ezra were elsewhere in the ship, keeping an eye on Cyana. "So, where exactly are you taking us?" Ania asked at last.

Kit's gaze flickered to the scanners before he replied. "I think you could probably guess."

Ania knit her brows together and closed her eyes. "Your home?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She opened her eyes and leaned forward. "We can find somewhere else."

Kit flashed her a grateful look, but shook his head. "No, I've put off coming back for too long. I should've came back when my family died, but instead I ran." He laughed a little. "I wonder what my mom would have said, seeing me being a smuggler. Her and Dad ran into a pirate before. They weren't too impressed."

Ania smiled. I'm glad he's being a little more open now. She bit her lip, thinking. "Are you sure they'll let us stay?"

"Why wouldn't they?"

"Well, for one, you look different now then you did when you were little. Two, Cyana and I were with the Empire. They might not tolerate us. Three, Ro is a giant wolf. Honestly, the only person they might not have a problem with is Ezra."

"My aunt and uncles should remember me and if they don't, assuming Mom's droid is still running, he'll remember me. Besides, I have a way to prove who I am." Ania raised her eyebrows but didn't say anything as Kit continued.

    "I think they'll be more curious about you and Cyana, than scared of who you were. Most of them have never seen your species before. As for Ro, they'll be able to tell she's a Force Guide. You'll know what I mean when we get there. Besides that, half of the animals here are three times the size of Ro." He tapped his chin with a finger. "And you're right. The only thing they might find wrong with Ezra is his perpetual lack of common sense."

    Ania laughed and nodded. "Speaking of Cyana, though, why did you save her?"

    Kit shrugged. "I don't know. It seemed wrong to just let Kein Rei take her. It's what my parents would have done."

    She gave him a contemplating look. The navicomputer began beeping as they approached the planet. "Are there any asteroid fields or such that I should know about?" Ania prepared to disengage the hyperdrive.

    "There's one, but it's on the other side of the planet. We shouldn't come out near it." She nodded and slid back the lever. They dropped out of hyperspace before a mostly green planet. Kit took over the controls, speeding them down to the planet's surface. "Where's Ahsoka?"

    "She's coming. I gave her our coordinates and jump trajectory so she'll be able to follow whatever course we take down to the planet." Kit nodded and slowed their descent as they cleared the atmosphere. Ania's eyes widened, spying the massive trees below. "Those are bigger than the ones on Kashyyyk!" She exclaimed.

    "Reuse trees," Kit said. He flew towards a clearing. Ania could barely make out wooden structures among the branches of the trees. On the ground below, a few large creatures stomped about.

    "What about those?" She asked, pointing.

    "Wroks. They're a little like rancors but they've got two tentacle like tongues and they're bigger."

    Ania shuddered at the thought. "Anything else I should know about?"

    "Don't go in the water without a guide and a way to see. Honestly, I'm glad we're here while it's not the rainy season."