Familiar Yet Unknown

A few days had come and gone, since they had arrived on Mandalore. Ania and Sabine had spent the first while trailing Feton and Bo across the planet, learning what they could. There had been no reports of any other Death Watch attacks, and the spies hadn't sent in anything new.

    Ania sighed and braced her hands against the holotable before her. She had been waiting all morning for their crew's check in. They were running late. She let out a sigh of relief as the table let out a ping. She activated the transmission and waved Sabine over, just as a hologram of Ezra, Kit, and Cy appeared.

    "Anything new to report?" Ania asked hopefully.

    "Not yet. We haven't picked up any Death Watch activity. There's been no sign of movement on the moon either," Ezra replied.

    "What about you guys? Have you had any luck pinpointing the leaders yet?" Kit asked.

    "Not yet. Bo and Feton have told us what they could, but Death Watch seems to be laying low for now," Sabine said. "We can't wait for them forever."

    "If there hasn't been an attack on the moon within two more rotations, I want you guys to come back to Mandalore," Ania added. "It's already past the scheduled drop off."

    "All right. We'll see you in two rotations then." Ezra shot her a grin as the hologram winked off.

    Ania sighed, rubbing her forehead with a hand. "What are they waiting for?" she muttered to herself.

    "Standing here and mulling isn't going to answer that question. Bo asked me to help her scout the city. I'll be back in a bit," Sabine answered. "Don't worry. We'll figure it out."

    Ania nodded and gave her a smile as Sabine headed away. From her other side, R3 whirred faintly. "Yeah, we'll go join Feton." She let the droid take the lead.

    The Mandalorian warriors guarding the palace's main entrance let them past without any questions. They merely nodded to Ania, then resumed their stoic stances. Several delegates walked past, their voices low in whispers.

    Ania closed her eyes and connected to the Force, letting it accentuate her senses. "...another military occupation," one of the delegates finished saying.

    "Why would Lady Kryze choose to bring these low lifes to Mandalore? What can they do against Death Watch?"

    "I don't think Death Watch is actually here. I think it's a fake threat, some sort of propaganda so that Bo can stay in power."

    "I heard she's teaming up with criminals and ex Imperials!" This comment was whispered. Ania paused, listening intently.

    "Feton Ralius is back. I'm honestly amazed Bo agreed to work with him after everything that happened."

    "Hey," Ania snapped back into herself as another voice cut through the distant ones in her mind. Feton had fallen in step with her, his helmet clasped beneath an arm.

    "Oh, hi," she stammered, still trying to gather herself.

    "Have you heard anything new from your friends?"

    "No, they said nothing has come up yet."

    "It's only a matter of time. Death Watch won't stay still for long," Feton growled.

    "It sounds like you have something personal with them."

    "You could say that."

    "Care to share?"

    Feton shot her a wry look. "Not particularly. I'm sure you asked Tolsa why Bo and I don't get along. She could never get the story out of me either."