Bespin's Freedom

They dropped out of hyperspace before Bespin. Already, a fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers were firing on a small New Republic cruiser. Ania switched her comm on as the cruiser hailed them. A hologram of Lando Calrissian appeared.

    "Leia said you'd be coming," Lando said. "I'm glad you're here. We've managed to pinpoint who is heading this attack on the surface. More New Republic cruisers are coming to help with the blockade. Can you get past them?"

    "I think so. Just keep them distracted and keep their guns off us," Ania replied.

    "We'll do our best." Lando disappeared and Ania urged the ship closer to the firefight.

    "If you can, going beneath them is a good way to go unless they launch fighters," Kit suggested. "Otherwise, you'll have to go in between the Destroyers so they can't catch us."

    Ezra raised a hand to his chin. "Let's make them think they can."

    "What do you have in mind?" Ania switched the shields on and brought the guns online. "Kit, are you a good shot?"

    "Good enough."

    "Take the guns then. I need Ezra to co-pilot." Kit nodded and grabbed a headset off the wall nearby, before running towards the guns. Ania switched the ship's comm on and locked it with Kit's headset.

    "All right, Ezra. What's your idea?"

    "Get close enough so that they try to grab us in their tractor beams. As soon as they try, we push auxiliary power to the thrusters and get past. The beams will lock onto the Destroyers themselves and possibly destroy them," Ezra replied.

    "What if they do catch us?" Kit's voice crackled through the comm.

    "Then we'll make a new plan. Right now, this is what we've got." Ania began prepping the auxiliary tanks and Ezra flew them closer to the Destroyers.

She took over the controls again as they came within range of the Destroyers. Several TIE fighters deployed from the lower hangar. "Look sharp, Kit," Ezra called. "There's one coming up behind us."

"I've got him." A few seconds later, the remains of a TIE hurtled past the cockpit.

"Great shot!" Ania urged the ship towards the Destroyers faster. TIEs swarmed all around them. One of the scanners began beeping rapidly.

"The New Republic ships are here," Ezra said. "The Destroyers are activating their tractor beams."

"Come on." Ania gritted her teeth and tilted the ship sideways. The ship jolted as the tractor beams locked. "Auxiliary power now!" She shouted, forcing the ship to fight the lock.

Ezra switched the auxiliary tanks on. The ship whined as it pulled against the tractor beam. Ania furrowed her brows. Come on, she thought. Ezra grabbed his controls. She let go, placing a hand on the control panel.

Ania let her senses spread throughout the ship. She could see everything within it, from the gears to the wires. She quickly searched out the thrusters. Ania snapped her eyes open as the ship rocketed free of the tractor beam.

Kit let out a whoop from the gunner's seat as the two Destroyers locked onto each other. Light flared from behind them as parts of the Destroyers exploded. The comm began blinking and Ezra switched it on.

Lando appeared again. "I guess you could have handled them yourselves," he laughed. "Of course, you did miss two of them."

"We wanted to let you guys have some fun too," Ania replied. "We'll head down and arrest the person in charge of this operation. Do you know who it is?"