Beginning of the End

Ania grimaced as Ezra pulled her to her feet. He put his arm around her waist, watching Ahsoka and Kit nearby. After a few moments, they both exhaled sharply and moved away from Ziyah. The Theelin's eyes cracked open and she groaned.

"What happened? I remember," she began. Kit threw his arms around her, excitedly.

"We have to get to Bo," Ania said, turning towards Ahsoka. "Gideon has a trap for her. They're headed right towards it."

Ahsoka narrowed her eyes and nodded. "Ro, take us to them."

Ania climbed onto Ro's back and Ezra jumped up behind her. The others grabbed onto her fur. Wind whipped around them, as thought they were flying. Suddenly, they were standing closer to the battlefield.

Ania scanned the battlefield, searching for Bo and Feton. "There!"

"We have to be careful. Gideon has dozens of stormtroopers and Death Watch warriors waiting to surround them," Ziyah said.

Ezra switched his comm on. "Sabine, we need any support you can give. Close in on Bo's location. Ania said Gideon has a trap."

"We're on our way," Sabine replied.

"What is the trap?" Ahsoka asked.

"Gideon plans to challenge Bo to single combat, as the old ways demand. If he wins, he will take over Mandalore. He's going to have the others kill Feton and jump in and kill Bo if things get out of hand," Ziyah explained.

Ania took the lightsaber that Ezra offered her and slid off Ro's back. "Kit and Tolsa, take Ro and double back around Gideon. Ziyah and I will take him from the front. He won't know we've been freed. Ahsoka and Ezra, go where there's a hole."

They nodded and began to split up. Tolsa and Kit hopped onto Ro's back and disappeared. Ezra grabbed Ania's arm. "No more heroics, please," he said, blue eyes filled with worry.

"I promise," she nodded. Ania kissed him briefly, before joining Ziyah.

Gideon's shuttle was up ahead. Several troop transports surrounded it. To the side, Bo and Feton were pressing their way forward. Bo was wielding the Dark Saber along with her blasters. Ania clipped the inquisitor lightsaber to her belt.

"Where does Gideon have my sabers?" She asked.

"With him. He plans to use them in his duel."

"What about yours?"

"My mother had mine when she died."

Ania simply nodded as they walked on. They skirted past the worst of the battle, staying out of sight. Gideon eyed them suspiciously. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be taking the city!"

    "They've been fighting harder than expected. Our forces won't be able to push through," Ziyah replied.

    "Break the dome and kill anyone who gets in the way!" Gideon growled. "Go, now."

    "You won't claim my planet, Gideon!" Bo's voice cut in. Ania glanced over her shoulder. Bo and Feton appeared, aiming their blasters. Bo angled the Dark Saber towards Gideon.

    "I think you're mistaken. Mandalore has never been yours. However, I'm willing to give you a warrior's death. I challenge you, Bo Katan Kryze, to single combat. As your ancestors once said, only the strongest shall rule Mandalore!" Gideon bellowed.

    "I accept," Bo said, her voice laced with malice.

    "You can't," Feton grabbed her arm. Bo yanked her arm from his grip.