Burning Flames Pt. 1

Coruscant: 5 ABY
Lower City
Bo Katan Kryze

    Bo switched off the ship's engines and hovered behind the control panel. Ursa Wren crossed her arms, watching her old friend. "You don't have to do this, you know."

    Bo straightened and gritted her teeth. "Yes, I do. After what he did for us, it's my duty."

    "Is that the only reason you're doing this?"

    Bo Katan shot her a warning look. "Don't push me on this, Ursa." Ursa said nothing, but continued to give her a contemplative stare.

    Bo squared her shoulders and slid her helmet on, before leaving the ship. Already, several of Feton Ralius' men were waiting for her. They said nothing as they grouped around her and headed towards Feton's stronghold.

    They were given entry without any questions. Bo was escorted into a large chamber. Feton sat on his makeshift throne, with one arm propped up on the arm of his chair. His chin rested in his hand as he watched two of his people spar.

    He glanced up, a disinterested gaze in his brown eyes. "Yes?"

    "Bo Katan, Sir," one of her escorts said.

    Feton straightened as she approached. "Well, well, well. Isn't this a pleasant surprise?"

    "One that you expected, I'm sure."

    "What do you need this time?"

    Bo glanced around the room, then back at him. "Let's talk privately."

    "Oh, are you here to confess your undying love for me?" Feton drawled. Still, he stood and waved a hand over his shoulder.

    "If I confessed anything to you, it would be my undying loathing," Bo sneered.

    Feton chuckled at that and sealed a door behind them. "All right. We're alone. Speak."

    Bo removed her helmet and tucked it beneath an arm. "You did me a great service when you assisted us in the battle against Gideon. Mandalore thanks you."

    "So I've been told."

    "And," she shot him a glare that silenced him for a few moments at least, "Mandalore wants to extend you an invitation. You can join us once more and rebuild your Clan."

    Feton tapped his chin. "Ah, that's a problem. Clan Ralius was dissolved. I never wanted to rebuild it. That was my sister's dream. After she died, I gave whatever remained of our feeble Clan to another survivor. Who knows what they did with it."

    "Regardless, you and your people are welcome. If you choose to form your own Clan, I will recognize you as the head of it."

    "What if we don't want our own Clan?"

    "You are free to join any of the Clans. I've spoken with the heads of them and we're in agreement."

    Feton sat down and watched her with his insufferably cocky smirk. "And what if we don't want to rejoin Mandalore at all?"

    Bo crossed her arms. "You're Mandalorians."

    "Not all of us."

    "You let non-Mandalorians wear our armor?"

    "Anyone who joins my Clan is given the right to wear our armor and bear my signet," Feton replied.

    "I thought you didn't have your own Clan."

    "We are a Clan in every way that counts." Feton narrowed his eyes and stood. "I don't think my people will want to join Mandalore. We live freely as we please. I keep us united and safe. What more do we need?"