Pieces of the Puzzle

Kit and Ezra loaded the last of her supply crates onto the new Corellian ship. Ania crossed her arms, gazing around the lounge area. "We should get going," Ahsoka said. "After we finish up on Naboo, we'll head back to Lothal and contact Leia about the mission she has for us."

Ania nodded and followed her mother into the cockpit. She slid her hand over the control panel, getting a feeling for the ship. "Do you think Ro will have enough room?"

    Ezra, Kit, and Sabine stepped into the cockpit behind them. "This ship is a lot bigger than the Redemption. She'll have plenty of room," Ezra replied.

    "Is she still on Lothal?" Sabine asked.

    Ania nodded, sitting down and firing up the engines. "She said she was going to look for someone who trained her, another Force guide named Tooka." They lifted off, navigating through the airways of Coruscant.

    "What are you going to name this ship?" Kit asked, changing the subject.

    She raised a hand to her chin, thinking. "Maybe the Titian Dawn, or Titian for short."

    "Titian describes the color fairly well," Sabine replied. "Although I wouldn't mind adding some more around here."

    Ania waved a hand. "Be my guest."

    Sabine grinned and darted to the back of the ship. They cleared the atmosphere and Ania finished setting the course for Naboo. She activated the hyperdrive and they soared into a blur of blue. From the back of the ship, the faint hiss of Sabine's paint sprayer could be heard.

    "Who's the friend of yours on Naboo?" Kit asked.

    "Tolsa Lee. We've been friends for a long time," Ania replied.

    "And she works for the Queen of Naboo?"

    "I guess so," she said.

    "I've heard Rhosyn Corvina is a pretty unconventional queen," Ahsoka said.

    "How old is she?" Ezra asked.

    "Not very old. She's about 26 or so."

"That's older than most Naboo queens," he said.

Ahsoka nodded, standing. "I'm going to meditate." She headed towards the back of the ship and Ezra took her vacated seat.

Ania swiveled her chair towards Kit. "So, how long had you been on Wasskah?"

He furrowed his brow. "Honestly, I'm not sure. I was 17 when I was captured. What year is it?"

"4 ABY," Ania replied.

Kit's eyes widened in surprise. "Five years. I'm 22 now."

"You're a year younger than me and a year older than Ania," Ezra said.

"That was a long time to be on that moon. How were you captured in the first place?" Ania asked.

"I used to work for a smuggler's crew, but our ship was attacked by Trandoshans. They took all of us to Wasskah. I'm the only one who survived." He lowered his head for a minute.

"I'm sorry, Kit," Ania said. Ezra put a hand on Kit's shoulder.

"I guess I just resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't getting off that moon. I decided to survive as long as I could and then..." Kit shook his head. "I don't know. I never thought I'd make it this far."

"You mentioned your family. Are you sure they're gone?" Ezra asked.

He nodded. "I think so. We were separated a long time ago. They would have found me by now if they were alive. Besides, it's easier to just believe they're dead."