Wookiee Captives

Ania gasped, clutching at the ground for her lightsabers. She scrambled backwards, still winded, as Kein Rei jumped out of the shattered window. He landed in front of her and grinned, pulling his blade out again.

    Ania clenched her teeth and forced herself to her feet. She let her senses spread across the platform. Kein sprinted towards her. Ania spread her fingers wide. Two slender metal objects flew into her grasp. She ignited her lightsabers just in time to parry his blow.

    Kein staggered back, caught of guard. He quickly recovered himself and rushed at her again. "You've been practicing," he hissed.

    "So have you." Ania deactivated one blade and slipped beneath Kein's arm. She hooked a punch beside his shoulder blade. Kein cried out, whirling on her as she ignited her blade again.

    Ania risked a glance around the platform. She spotted Ezra ducking in and out between stormtroopers as more poured onto the platform. Kein's fist collided with her jaw. Ania tumbled backwards. She rolled back onto her feet.

    Kein lunged, his blade arching down towards her. Ania danced on her toes as the blade fell. She caught his wrist and twisted, jamming her elbow into his upper arm. Ania wrenched his arm forwards. His hand opened and his blade fell as Kein hissed in pain. Ania leaned over and twisted, throwing him off her shoulder.

    He gasped as he hit the ground. "I'm impressed," he whispered, still trying to regain his breath.

    "I'm glad one of us is," Ania snarled. She jumped back as Kein grabbed onto her ankle. He pressed a button on his wrist cuff and instantly, a jolt of electricity coursed through her. Her head was thrown back forcibly as she cried out.

Ania collapsed to the ground, her limbs like lead. Kein picked himself up and grabbed another blade, preparing himself. From behind him, she spotted another figure leaping out of the window. Kit let out a shout as he crashed onto Kein, driving the green Nautolan onto the ground.

In another instant, Kein was back on his feet. He slammed a fist into Kit and sent him flying. Ania caught him before he hit the ground. "I'm disappointed, honestly. These are the people you choose to associate with?" Kein asked, swiping a finger over his mouth.

"Is this guy your ex-boyfriend or something?" Kit panted.

"Or something," Ania replied.

Kein laughed, but she caught his wince as he tried to hide it. "Ex-boyfriend. She wishes!"

"Carabast, is that Kein Rei?" Ezra shouted from behind them. He sprinted over, falling in beside Ania and Kit. "I thought he was on our side."

"I'm on my own side," Kein replied. "I do whatever's in my best interest. Right now, that's taking her in, dead or alive. Preferably dead." He tilted his head cockily. "I'd get paid double for bringing you in too."

"Enough!" Ania snarled. She lunged at Kein, slamming her lightsabers down against his blade. She ducked low and swept his legs. A kick to the chest sent him stumbling backwards. A light started blinking on his wrist as he stumbled to his feet.

"Sorry to cut this short, but I'm afraid I'm needed elsewhere," Kein said.

Ania started towards him but Ezra held her back. "Stop. Let him go. We have other things to worry about."

"Oh, Ania, she's looking for you. Just a warning. I'd love to stay and watch the fireworks when she finds you, but I'm afraid I'd end up dead too." Kein gave her a smirk and tipped two fingers towards them, before sprinting off the platform towards his ship.