Echo of the Past

"Assets One and Two are on their way to be transferred," a stormtrooper's voice cut through the comm. "There's no sign of the mercenary. Several teams have failed to report in and the prisoner's weapons are missing from the armory."

    Ania ignored the report and kept running towards the hangar. A patrol appeared up ahead. She gasped and ducked around a corner, before poking her head out. Kein Rei and Cyana marched in the middle of the group.

    A smirk slid onto her face as she leaped out of hiding and blasted one of the stormtroopers. The others whirled on her, shouting instructions to one another. Ania flared her hands out and they went flying. She quickly tossed the bounty hunters their weapons. The three of them took off running as the troopers recovered themselves.

    "Took you long enough!" Kein growled.

    "Yeah, well, there were some minor inconveniences," she panted in reply. "The generator is down, but I don't know for how long."

    "Your illusion disappeared as soon as the stormtroopers tried to put handcuffs on it," Cy said.

    "Yeah, I felt it."

    They skidded around a corner and burst into the main hangar. Dozens of stormtroopers and Mandalorians surrounded the Titian Dawn. Nearby, the Inquisitor's shuttle waited. The host of Imperials took their aim. Their blasters clicked, preparing to fire.

    Ania shouldered her way in front of Kein and Cyana, preparing herself. She stiffened as the Inquisitor appeared, her lightsabers in full view. Ania narrowed her eyes as the Inquisitor proudly flaunted the hilts.

    "You're quite impressive," the woman said. "If I wasn't here, I imagine you might have escaped."

    "What makes you think we won't anyway?" Cyana scoffed.

    "You'll try, but I have other plans for you. The three of you will serve Leader Snoke well."

    "No, we won't. I don't know if you've noticed, but we're not the easiest people to get along with," Kein retorted.

    "We have ways to remedy that."

    "I'm going to distract her. You two make a run for the ship," Ania whispered. The two nodded almost imperceptibly. Ro, please, I need your help.

    I'm here. The wolf was nowhere in sight, but Ania ignored her misgivings.

    "If you want us so badly, prove it!" She challenged. She reached her hands towards the Inquisitor. Her lightsabers flew into her grasp. Ania relished the feel of their smooth hilts. She activated the blades as the stormtroopers and Mandalorians opened fire.

    Their shots went wide as Ania deflected. Kein and Cyana jumped to action, running towards the Titian. They ducked behind several crates and transports. Ania's eyes widened as a familiar howl filled the hangar. Ro appeared beside her, eyes narrowed and full of fury.

    The Loth wolf flew into the fray, taking down troopers with every blow. The Inquisitor seemed almost shocked at the sight of her, but quickly recovered herself. She activated the Twelfth Sister's red lightsaber.    

    Ania brought her blades up in time to parry the blow. "Who are you?" She demanded. She attempted to jab her knee into the Inquisitor's stomach.

    The woman leaped out of the way just in time. "Someone who wants justice!" She replied.

    "For what?"

    Their lightsabers locked in a hissing scream. "Death," the Inquisitor seethed.