Breaking Paths

Sabine and Ania fell in step with Tolsa, walking through the green courtyards of the palace. "When did you guys find Ezra and where was he?" Tolsa asked.

    "A few days ago on Wasskah," Sabine replied.

    Tolsa furrowed her brows. "Isn't that by Trandosha?"

    Ania nodded. "The Trandoshans captured people and left them on the moon, to hunt for sport."

    Tolsa shuddered. "That's terrible. The New Republic is doing something about it, right?"

    "Yeah. We took the matter to Leia and she took it to the Senate." Tolsa nodded. "When did you leave for Naboo?" Ania asked.

    "Right after Ezra disappeared. Jordan and I began taking relief missions in the Inner Rim, where the Empire was targeting some major systems. We came to Naboo when Rhosyn sent out a call for help. The Empire had taken over part of the planet and were trying to strip it of its resources," Tolsa replied.

    Ania shook her head. "I'm glad the Empire is gone now."

    "Mostly," Sabine said. "There are still Imperial supporters out there and cells of the Empire that continue to function."

    "They'll be stopped soon enough," Tolsa said.

    "Are you going to stay on Naboo?" Sabine asked.

    "Yes, we'll do what we can from here." Tolsa furrowed her brows, sighing. "My days on the front lines are over for now."

    A light on Sabine's wrist cuff blinked on. She glanced at it quickly. "Ahsoka needs my help with something. I'll be back." They nodded as Sabine headed back towards the palace.

    As soon as she was out of hearing, Tolsa elbowed Ania. "So how's Ezra," she teased.

    "We haven't had much time to just sit down and talk things out," Ania replied. She could feel her face growing warm. "We decided that things haven't changed that much, though."

    Tolsa laughed. "Of course not. Who is the other guy?"

    "That's Kit. He helped Sabine and I find Ezra on Wasskah."

    "Is he a Jedi?" Tolsa asked. Her own lightsaber still swung from her belt.

    Ania shook her head. "He said the lightsaber was given to him."

    "You sound skeptical."

    "I believe him, but he's hiding things. His blasters are old DC-17's, usually only used by clones. His armor is modified clone armor too."

    "Maybe he was a scavenger or something," Tolsa said with a shrug. "If he wants to tell you guys, he will."

    "Well, hopefully it's nothing that will draw more attention to us. He's staying on the Titian with me. I don't know what Ezra and Sabine will do."

    "What about Ahsoka?"

    "I don't know that either. Leia said Luke was looking for members of the old Jedi Order to help build a new one, but I don't know if she's going to help or not."

    "Have you thought about what you're going to do?" Tolsa asked.

    Ania raised a hand to her chin, furrowing her brows. "I'm not sure. Leia has a mission for us, so I suppose I'll help with that. Otherwise, I'll just help track down Imperial cells."

    Tolsa sighed, shaking her head. "Ever since I've known you, you've been out risking your life to help others, very rarely taking time for yourself. When is that going to stop?"