Residing Grudges

Bo stormed over to Ezra and Ursa, her yellow green eyes flashing with fury. "He'll be back," Ursa sighed. "He's come back before."

    "I don't want him to come back. If this is how he's going to react every time I give him orders, he's of no use to us," Bo growled.

    "That's not true," Ezra cut in. He ignored Ursa's warning look. "His warriors and their skills will be helpful to have."

    "Feton Ralius is a crime lord now, not a warrior. I was foolish to ask him for help." Bo shook her head and brushed past them, heading the direction opposite of where Feton had gone.

    "Now I really want to know what happened," Ezra muttered, his eyes wide in surprise. "You know, don't you?"

    "Yes, I know what happened between them."

    "So, tell me."

    Ursa raised a hand to her chin, then sighed. "Very well, but you must gather the others. They will hear the tale too. Maybe you can come up with a way to work things out between them."

Ezra activated his comm and followed Ursa down the hallway. R3 rolled along behind them. "Sabine, find Kit, Cyana, and Kein and bring them to the war room."

"We're on our way."

"Bring Ro too, if you can find her."

The comm switched off and they entered the war room. Ursa switched on one of the holotables, reviewing schematics of the city. "There is always time to study ahead for a battle," she said, half to herself.

"Do you think we'll win?"

She scoffed, shaking her head. "We don't know the extent of support Gideon has. The New Republic has made it clear that they will not be assisting us."

"Then we need Feton."

"As much as Bo hates to admit it, yes. It was a miracle she agreed to ask him here at all."

The door hissed open and the others entered. Kit shot Ezra a dark look and crossed his arms, still upset. Cyana subtly inched closer to him. "What are we here for?" Kein asked.

"Feton has withdrawn his forces," Ursa replied.

"What? He couldn't have. We need his support to hold Mandalore!" Sabine protested.

"I'm hoping you can find some way to help the two of them fix their differences," Ursa replied, fixing a stern gaze on her daughter.

"Wait, are you going to tell us..."

"If you'll let me." Sabine fell silent and waited expectantly. "Feton and his sister Tai were orphaned when they were young. Clan Vizsla was at war with Clan Ralius and they staged an attack, wiping out the entire clan. Clan Kryze arrived in time to save Feton and Tai, but no one else survived," Ursa began.

Ezra glanced at Sabine. She returned his bewildered expression. "Feton and Tai were raised along with Satine and Bo. Tai was the oldest of them and was close with Satine. Bo and Feton were the youngest and chose to spend time with each other. While Satine was groomed to one day be the head of their clan, Bo, Tai, and Feton were trained in the art of war. When Satine first became the Duchess of Mandalore, Tai, Feton, and Bo all served her as guards."

"When the people began to disagree with Satine's idealism and Clan Vizsla formed Death Watch, Bo left to join them. She didn't agree with her sister. Feton decided to join Bo. They met me soon after, when I joined the Nite Owls and we were joined with Death Watch. Bo and Feton were...very close despite their differences." Ursa paused and thought for a minute. "Actually, they never had that many differences. Their stubbornness and need to be right is what put a wedge between them."