Neverland /6/

/This is an original oneshot by yours truly~ OUAT au, and a winterspider ship! similar to my other cringy story: 'Heart not the soul' so expect the similarities./

Summary:
There is a small backstory
between the soldier and the
boy... and when they were
going to find Romanoff's kid
and then they meet someone
that the two are familiar with.
...

Peter's eyes closed as he was quiet and tired... he just wanted to close his eyes and let peace engulf him.

Sand trickled its way down the hourglass while Petya shook the immortal boy gently to try wake him up. His pure heart beating while he strongly believed remembering the words of the other:

"Anything can happen if you just believe"

"You said that if I believe in something I can make it happen!" those were their words, the two made a promise and that was what they had as a conversation before everything.

Petya sat beside the older boy at the edge of the cliff, looking down at the waters below. "It's beautiful isn't it?" Peter hummed with a smile as the younger him smiled back, it really was beautiful. "I hope that everything stays like this, that nothing changes... say. You're my memory right? my child-hood."

Petya nodded with a smile as he dangled his legs idly on the edge, looking up at the other.

"...what's your wish?"

Peter asked as his eyes twinkled gently, a bright smile on his face while the sun shined and the waves were a crystal blue. The trees were healthy and green...

"Well... I wish that you could stay happy, that well... we can kinda be whole y'know!"

"haha! well anything can happen if you just believe, like... if we wanted hot chocolate right now and I wished it would appear... it will! but right now, my wish would be to let everyone be happy and that I can live that happiness with them too."

Peter paused and ruffled the smaller boy's hair: "Make a promise to me 'kay?"

The younger nodded while he listened carefully on what his promise would be... "Promise me, if anything bad happens... you leave with the others, and stay with Auntie May. but if that happens... it won't happen now because nothing bad has happened yet!"

Petya thought carefully and nodded, putting his pinkie up.

"Pinkie promise?" they linked pinkie's and shared a mischievious smile before going back to admiring Neverland. "wanna fly?"

that was when Peter had a heart until it was ripped away from him.

Petya cried out shaking the other as the wounds healed, earning a small irritated groan from the other. All that the others could do... was watch. Watch the scene happen before them without the ability to move... Pan didn't stop them from moving, but the shock and unknown conflict between both were present as if they couldn't step over the border.

His eyes scanned the others before Pan placed a hesitant hand on the top of Petya's head with a gentle expression on his face, only present in his eyes which swirled with trickles of rain that fell outside.

"Hey, hey.. don't cry... remember what I said? you wanted me to live and here I am! but you still got that promise to keep... we did pinkie promise after all"

It wasn't painful but a small trickle to show the tears that he couldn't cry. In defense to the mind of Natasha she stepped forward to see that he had placed a hand on her son's head, but she paused seeing the melancholy happiness on the immortal's face.