It hurts

/This is an original oneshot by yours truly~ it's a sad oneshot so expect an emotional rollercoaster, I hope you enjoy!/

Summary:
Peter is already struggling
with dealing with tonys
death, he had blamed himself
for his father-figure's death
and when he was gifted
EDITH along with a
presentation in history he
couldn't cope.

...

Everyone was being affected by the end, the one hero who sacrificed himself to save the world... and the teenager heard that he was the cause that Tony wanted to bring everyone back. Happy told him... of course Peter felt relieved but it still hurt.

if... if he was alive, he could see his wife and daughter and live a happy life! along with saving the world of course.

However he wasn't there to see the beauty of it all, the change and how many smiles he brought to people's faces... and when he left, a part of him left the world.

A part of him left Peter Benjamin Parker. And a horrid lost feeling slithered back into where the billionaire left.

He would never stop blaming himself for his death, stealing away and killing a father of a beautiful family. It was his fault. Tony would be by his side when he suffered through this:

'Pete did you hold the gun?' Tony looked serious but soft as he cradled the teenager in his arms. 'n-no.' he lay the head of the teen on his chest where his arc-reactor lay: 'did you pull the trigger of the gun?' Peter shook his head as he curled into the billionaire. 'you didn't kill him Pete. It isn't your fault...'

This time his father-figure wasn't there to comfort him. He was alone. Peter had May and his two friends but they didn't share the comforting reassurance like he did.

It was another school day, yet he didn't like what they had to go through for their history lesson.

How Tony Stark saved the world, and the great battle: The Endgame.

Just the mention of it made him freeze, at least his two friends were by his side. However all Peter could hear was his heart beating. Tony had gifted him EDITH: 'Even dead i'm the hero' he always had a knack for acronyms.

"...As you know Tony Stark sacrificed himself by bringing back everyone from the dead, he saved the world and will always be a hero."

'I killed Mr Stark'
'It's my fault. he could have been here with Morgan and Pepper.'
'I always kill the people I love the most.'
'I'm not a hero. I'm.. I'm a threat.'
'A murderer.'

The teacher and class were oblivious to how Peter was acting, he was visibly shaking as Ned and MJ rushed to him.

He tried gasping for breath but it came as a whimper...

...Now that attracted the class' attention. The teacher was wondering what happened to Peter and was worried, Ned pulled out the glasses as Flash took them... MJ grabbed them after Peter told her to grab them.

Putting the glasses on with shaky hands he talked to EDITH.

Instead? it was his mentor father-figure's voice. "Hey kid, are you alright?" The voice made him burst into tears as the powerpoint shown just gave him flashbacks, one from the Infinity war and finally... The Endgame.

He didn't even realise he was vocalising his pain and even thought the suit was on him...

"Mr Stark?... I... I don't know whats happening-- I don't know sir- I don't wanna go- please sir I don't wanna go-- I don't wanna die please---"

It felt restricting, all his cells being torn apart and sewn back together, it was slow and painful. He saw his worried Mentor's face but the words were empty yet reassuring... "You're alright..."

"I'm... I'm sorry."

Soon it flashed to seeing Tony's death, it hurt more and he was crying, holding his hands out to nothing. The class couldn't comprehend what was happening and were worried...

"Mr Stark?... we... we won Mr Stark."

"W-wake up sir-- We- we won. I-- I--" He began to sob out 'sorry's' as the man infront of him was unmoving and unresponsive.

"Why would Parker cry? he wasn't there. He's just a crybaby."

"Pete. Pete breathe. Breathe for me bud." This time they saw a projection of Tony Stark, he heard the familiar voice of his mentor and looked up, he was a digital blue but he was there. "M-Mr Stark." Tears streamed down his face... he.. he.. It was something.

"You did good kid, you were a real hero out there."

He heard Tony starting to talk to Flash, as if he was really there. Then they saw him up on the screen.. Peter Benjamin Parker, Spider-man.

"If you weren't here. I wouldn't know how to live without you, Steve talked me into it. When you dusted in my arms, I couldn't--- I lost you. He told me to bring you back and I had that in mind, we brought alot of people back... I'm always here."

Peter calmed down as he wiped his tears, everyone was speechless. "I love you kid, I never got to say that to you then so I can say it now. And no I am not a relayed message--- I'm actually here but not here-"

The teenager smiled at that and understood, he wanted to hug the other but he refrained because it would be like hugging air. "I love you too...."

"Friendly neighbourhood Spider-ling?"

He laughed at that and made a slight smile... "It's Spider-Man Mr Stark-"

"And it's Tony to you."

He lost alot of people, but knowing that somehow and somewhere... they were always with him.

"P-please... keep this- a- a secret."

They nodded at how broken their hero was. "S-so where is EDITH?" The billionaire told him that EDITH was similar to how he still needed training, but as the smaller hero completed that and kept coping he came back for the teenager.

"Mr Stark? I never got to say I love you and that I'm thankful for you that day-- Pepper and Morgan are missing you like everyone else." But that was when Peter began to break down and still swirl in the tsunami of emotions...

"It's... I could have saved you! I could have just... just held the gauntlet myself and snapped then you wouldn't have been gone and left a family behind! I always... It's always my fault the people I love die. My parents must have died because of me. Uncle Ben--- I killed him- I could have saved him-- I could have saved you!"

Some of the class looked at Peter with saddened eyes, Flash was shocked and felt the most guilty. All of them wanted to try and comfort the boy but knew it would never be enough.

And the response the billionaire gave:

"Listen kid. When you weren't here I felt lost and 5 years-- After 5 years Cap told me that we can bring you all back. I could finally get you back-- I could finally hold you."

They had never seen The Tony Stark cry...

"Strange told me the price and I took it, If you died once again... That'd be on me. I'd feel more guilty, I would rather you live happy and stick as the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man than-- than miss through life."

'If you died there--- then... then that's on me. I don't want that on my conscience.'

Tony Stark wasn't fully here but this was Tony Stark--- well ai version. he looked up into the eyes of the projection:

"Oh and even if i'm dead- I still have a bone to pick with Flash, that was his name wasn't it Pete?" Peter's eyes widened as he shook his hands infront of him. "Mr Stark-- don't send a missile or anything alright?- He's fine we're good now-- Don't murder him, and what do you-- how do you--"

Yeah... he wasn't alone in the world anymore.

[END]