8

"Your brother's alive"

For the first time in years, it feels like I can breathe again.

"Dean? Dean's alive?" I exclaim, tears already brimming my eyes. My heart feels at though it's going to explode and I am hoping on everything that he's not messing with me.

"He is, and you can meet him once you come back to the states" Fury answers. At this, I let the tears flow. A sob breaks from my mouth and I collapse to the floor from my bed.

"I wish I could hug you right now" I manage out. I laugh, tears of pure joy flowing down my cheeks.

"I'm so glad you can't"

I laugh again, sniffing and trying to regain my composure.

"You have no idea how much this really means to me, Nick" I assure, my voice breaking.

"I know, Dawn. Trust me, I know"

My world seems to start turning again and the pain of my past lessens the slightest. It feels as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and the smile on my face is unremovable.

"Thank you, Fury. Thank you"

That's all I can say at the moment, words fleeing my mind. I finally take a moment to compose myself, my curiosity burning.

"Where is he? How is he?" I ask, wiping a hand across my cheek to rid the tears.

"He lives in Chicago with a woman named Rose. I don't know how he made it, but he did" Nick explains. I nod, a smile breaking on my face.

"And his little girl?" I ask, elation flooding me at the thought that I'm an aunt. Nick takes a moment and I can hear him laughing quietly.

"What is it?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

"He named her Dawn"

I feel my heart tug and I take in a sharp breath, my eyes widening slightly. I can't help but laugh softly at the thought. That's the most sentimental thing Dean's ever done.

Growing up, Dean took his role as my older brother seriously. He was hard on me when needed, but he never ceased to protect me, to make me laugh. He's no doubt an amazing dad.

"So, he thinks I'm dead?" I inquire, wondering how he's done all these years on his own.

"He does. He has an empty casket for you next to your parents" Nick informs. I nod, exhaling slightly.

"It'll freak him out to see me again" I announce with a slight laugh. I hear Nick chuckle.

"I'm sure it will. I just sent you our video file on him, enjoy it"

With that, the line clicks dead.

I pull the phone away, quickly opening up the new message I have from an unknown number. Once the message is selected, videos begin to flood my screen. I sort through them and pick one with a picture of my brother's face.

Once the video begins to play, I see an older version of my brother walking down a residential street. I smile wide, my eyes tracing over his blonde hair that mirrors mine.

"Hi brother" I whisper. After a few seconds, he arrives in front of a quaint, little house. I watch with intent as the front door opens and a little girl sprints out. The child runs up to Dean and jumps into his arms.

She must be Dawn.

The video zooms in on the pair, letting me take in the face of my niece. Her skin is a beautiful caramel, her eyes the same bright green as her father's and mine. Her hair springs in dark curls around her face and her little smile is breathtaking. The last thing the video captures is a grown woman walking from the house and up to my brother.