Epilogue

*A/N:
I'd really quickly like to dedicate this chapter to @Braxtyn7 who gave me this idea. Thank you for being a consistently amazing reader and for all of your encouragement and feedback. It means a lot to me 💕. Now for what you've all been waiting for.

Please enjoy the final epilogue of Don't Hide.*

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

The measured breaths I take do little to calm my humming nerves. My free hand taps nervously on my thigh while my other holds a large, fluffy teddy bear with a death grip.

"You've got this, she's gonna love you"

I feel a warm hand take mine and I look over to Bucky who stands beside me on the doorstep. His words ease me slightly and I offer him a smile.

"Thanks, Buck" I respond, holding his hand tighter as I wait for the front door to open. His thumb rubs easing circles onto the back of my hand, spirals of warmth and sparks shooting from the spot.

I rang the doorbell nearly thirty seconds ago, and Rose already knows that I'm visiting today. It's been a few months since Bucky woke up from his cryo-sleep. He's mostly been kept in Wakanda for rehabilitation, but is allowed out every now and then. I visit him nearly every week, working hard to balance my work life and love life. Thankfully, this life is low-stress and takes little out of me.

I'd been pondering over whether or not to contact Rose for months now. Dean's been on my mind and I know that he'd want someone to make sure his girls were doing alright. Rose had seemed confused when I first explained who I was, but she quickly connected the dots between me and the news headlines that I often appear in nowadays. When I asked to meet her, she readily obliged.

Now here I am, mere moments from meeting Rose Beckett, my sister-in-law.

No sooner had the thought crossed my mind when the door before us opens. I suck in a sharp breath, but it quickly dissipates when I see the warm, smiling woman before me. Her dark hair is styled perfectly in its bouncy, natural curls and her honey brown skin practically glows.

Dean always did know how to pick them.

I smile brightly, my green eyes sparkling in excitement.

"You must be Rose," I greet, pulling my hand from Bucky's softly and sticking it out for her to shake, "I'm Dawn and this is my boyfriend, Bucky"

Her eyes switch from my hand and back up to me before she rushes forward and hugs me instead. I hug her back, already taking a liking to the woman.

"Dawn, it's so incredible to meet you," Rose announces, pulling away and smiling at me, "Dean talked of you so often and fondly"

At this, a twinge of sadness pulls through me. I never knew I could miss someone this much. He's my brother, my blood, my best friend. Losing him once was hard enough, but losing him twice?

It's sometimes more than I can bear.

She quickly moves over to Bucky and hugs him suddenly as well. I see the surprise spark in his blue eyes but he does his best to hug her back.

"And it's great to meet you too, Bucky. Welcome to the family" Rose continues.

I have to stifle my laugh at the moment, nudging him slightly with my shoulder when she pulls away. He looks over to me and rolls his eyes playfully at the look of humor on my face.

"Shut up, Dawn" he announces with a lopsided grin on his face, taking my hand again.

"Oh you love me" I say, stepping into the home as Rose ushers us in.