28

"Cap"

It's all I can do to keep my eyes from widening when Clint Barton and Wanda Maximoff step from the white van. It still shell-shocks me every time I meet the people I've watched and protected from the shadows of Nicholas J. Fury's protection

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice" Rogers responds, walking forward and shaking the man's hand.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor," Clint assures, before glancing back at Wanda, "Besides, I owe a debt"

My eyes turn to the lone Maximoff twin, the girl barely out of her teenage years who was forced to grow up all too fast. I can relate to her on that.

"Thanks for having my back" Steve addresses, nodding at her. She nods back, cool determination splayed on her features.

"It was time I get off my ass" she responds. I smile, already taking a liking to the girl. Both Clint and Wanda turn their eyes to me, curiosity flashing within them.

"You're new," Clint observes, holding out his hand to me, "I'm Clint"

I smile and shake it, my nerves easing at the kindness of the group.

"I'm Dawn" I respond, pulling my hand back and nodding to Wanda as she offers me a smile.

"Wanda" She greets.

"Wait, you're the snake girl, right?" Clint suddenly asks. An look of amused confusion grows on my face and I turn to Steve, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Snake girl?" I repeat, my voice heavy with humor. He chuckles, scratching the back of his neck.

"I didn't know how else to describe you" he defends.

"Oh," Wanda continues, looking to Clint and nodding her head, "She is the gorgeous that Sam was talking about"

This one doesn't surprise me, but it does make me laugh.

"I'm stuck with that, aren't I?" I ponder, looking over to Sam. He smirks, winking at me.

"Sure are"

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asks Clint.

"He's rarin' to go" Clint responds, walking back to the van and sliding open the side door. I watch with curiosity over who the recruit.

"I put a little coffee in him, but he should be good" he continues, the click of the door startling the sleeping man inside. He jolts I'll, his gaze darting around. I immediately place him as Scott Lang, the Ant-Man. One of the newest, and most entertaining if you ask me, prospects in the hero game.

"What time zone is this?" Scott asks as he stumbles out of the van. He looks around in vague confusion until his eyes widen on the sight of us standing before him. Clint shoves him forward a little, making him stumble.

"Ca-Captain America" he greets, shaking Cap's hand vigorously. I smile in amusement at the encounter, watching how much he's shaking the poor soldier's hand.

"Mr. Lang"

"It's an honor," Scott responds, finally glancing down at his hand and letting go, "I'm shaking your hand too long"

He steps back, looking at us again as if we're the candy in a shop that a kid begs him mother for at the checkout lane.

"Wow, this is awesome! Captain America" he repeats, turning until he sees Wanda, "I know you too, you're great"

She nods, trying to keep from laughing. I have to do the same when he turns around and pays Cap's unusually large and toned pecks.

"I just want to say," he rambles on, clearly star struck, "I know you know a lot of super people. So thinks for thanking of me"