Chapter 8 : The Sixth Chimney

EDITED

<Third Person POV>

Tani : W-WHO'RE YOU?

Kidnapper : I just called you a little while ago, remember? I'm the one who kidnapped your daughter.

Tani : B-but that's impossible. We know who....

Tani said while looking at Asou shock. Kogorou is assuming that Asou have an accomplices but Asou denied it strongly. You and Conan both can tell that Asou is telling the truth.

Erena : What now Conan?

Conan : I don't know. Seems like she's been kidnap again from her place of confinement.

Erena : Hmmm.... But this time by someone more evil.

Conan nod agreeing with you. Suddenly, all of you can heard Akiko's screaming to be save.

Akiko : PAPA, SAVE ME!!!

Kidnapper : Hehe.... My patience is running short. If you don't get the three hundred million yen really soon, I'll kill your little brat.

Tani : S-stop.... I'll get you the money.... Just don't hurt Akiko....

Kogorou : Sir try to stretch out the conversation and find out where he is?

Kogorou ask Tani to stretch out the conversation in whisper but the kidnapper heard it and ask who it was.

Kidnapper : Who's that with you? It ain't the cops is it?! If you mess around with them....

Akiko : PAPA I'M IN A SCHOOL WAREHOUSE!! I'M AT SCHOOL WHERE I CAN SEE A BIG CHIMNEY OUT THE WINDOW.... KYAAA!!

Tani : A-Akiko....

Kidnapper : Shit.... I'll call you again!! Get the money ready.

Tani : AKIKO!!!

Tani scream at the phone. Kogorou is trying to figure out where the school could be. You and Conan too are trying to figure out where the kidnapper's and Akiko's location is.

You then look at the dogs seeing them playing with the ball when an idea strike you. You nudge Conan getting his attention and point to the dogs. He nod getting your message.

You and Conan quickly went to the dogs and unleash one of them, riding it. The dog are big and strong enough for both of you to ride.

You and Conan then ran out of the house riding the dog not noticing that Ran are looking.

Ran : C-Conan-kun, Erena-chan!!

Kogorou : Leave the little brats!

Ran : B-but....

You and Conan are discussing and trying to figure out the exact location.

Conan : The kidnapper's probably still in the area! It hasn't been that long since the kidnapping, so he shouldn't have gone far!!

Erena : Ehm.... The chimney could have been factory or bath house. There are five schools in this area where you can see a chimney, we must hurry!

You and Conan then go to every school where you can see a chimney but none of them were right. You, Conan and the dog you were riding are all a panting mess by now, tired with sweat running down every inch of your body.

Conan then see a tall building. From the front, the building look wide but from the side, the building looks like a big chimney.

Conan take your hand and hurriedly help you get on the dog then proceed on getting on himself. Conan lead the dog and you to the side of the building. You look at it.

Erena : That's it. She saw the building from the side and thought it was a chimney.

Conan : Yes. And the only school in the area which look at the building from this angle is....

Erena & Conan : Futatsubashi Middle School!!

You and Conan then rush the dog to the school.

TIME SKIP

Kidnapper : You got it? Put the money on the bench at Hyakuji Park. And if it looks like the police are involved, I'll kill the kid.

The kidnapper said talking on the phone with Tani while Akiko is watching with fear and tears are brimming at the corner of her eyes. Her mouth have been shut with tape.

Tani : Is Akiko safe?!

Kidnapper : Yeah.... Gimme the money and I'll give her back.

Tani : Please just let me hear her voice....

The kidnapper then shut the call without saying anything and look at Akiko.

Kidnapper : Now the business discussions are complete and I'm done with you.... Sorry but you're gonna have to die. You've seen my face.

The kidnapper said taking out his knife and taking of its sheath with his mouth all the while looking at Akiko.

???? : WAIT!!!!

Hearing the shout halting the kidnapper's movement making him move towards the warehouse door hiding behind it yelling.

Kidnapper : Who's there?! Where're you?!

Conan : Right here.

The kidnapper then look down the entrance and see you, Conan and the dog with the dog growling angrily. The dog then jump on the kidnapper while you and Conan go to the tied up Akiko taking the tape off of her mouth.

Conan : It's okay now.

Akiko : Who.... Are you?

Conan : Kudou Shinichi.... No, I mean Edogawa Conan and that's Akane Erena. We're detectives.

Akiko : Detectives?

You smile at Akiko. The three of you were surprised when the dog fall beside Akiko whimpering.

Akiko : JAMBO!!

Kidnapper : Don't mess with me brats.

The kidnapper swing the bat he found in the warehouse towards you and Conan. Conan managed to dodge it but not you. You were thrown to the wall hitting it hard making you groan.

Erena : Ughhh....

Conan : (Y/N)!!!

Conan then turn back to the kidnapper and tried to kick him but to no avail as the kidnapper caught his leg and throw him away.

Conan crash on a basket full of soccer ball making it scatter around him.

Conan : Shit. I don't have any power 'cause my body's been shrunk.

Conan then look around him noticing the soccer balls.

Kidnapper : Hehehe.... I don't know where you come from kid, but I'll kill you with her.

Conan then kick the ball to the kidnapper and while Conan are keeping the kidnapper busy, you get back up groaning and goes to Akiko releasing her.

You turn to Conan seeing that the kidnapper catch the ball Conan kicked.

Erena : No good! With that shrunken body, his power also decreased. Even though we manage to track him here, we can't capture him!!

You then see that the kidnapper manage to land a hit on Conan on the face after so many dodging. Conan fall to the floor bleeding. The kidnapper then proceed on hitting Conan more until he can barely move.

Kidnapper : I suppose I should finish you off now. Kill one kid, kill two kid, kill three kid, it's all the same to me.

The kidnapper said. You then look at Conan who were looking at the kidnapper. Fear consuming you seeing Conan in those state.