Chapter 13 : A Person Who Looks Like You

<Your POV>

Yuuko : Of course.... I was angry at Yoko when she gets my acting spot, but this is a murder at her apartment, right?! So, why did you have to make me come all the way over here?! If you're mistrustful, shouldn't you be more wary of the owner of the place first?

Yuuko-san said. By the time she arrives, the body have been taken to hospital for further inspection. I turn to look at Inspector Megure who is currently restraining Oji-san from doing anything to Yuuko-san with Conan beside me.

Kogorou : Why you....

Megure : You're most certainly correct, Ikezawa Yuuko-san. The body had a knife from this apartment on its back and we found no fingerprints on it other than Okino Yoko-san's. And this is the 25th floor!! It's impossible for anyone who doesn't have a key to get in!!

Yuuko : Hahaha.... In that case, this has nothing to do with me! This is the first time I've ever been here!

Kogorou : Then why was this here?! This is your earring isn't it?!

Oji-san said holding up the earring in between his finger. This caught Yuuko-san attention as she takes it. I mentally facepalm.

Erena : Now the evident is tainted. How dense can he be, not using any gloves or handkerchief to hold that earring.

Yuuko : Oh it is!! I thought I lost it somewhere. Thanks for finding it for me?

Kogorou : IT'S NOT JUST THE EARRING! WE HAVE TESTIMONY FROM THE MANAGER DOWNSTAIRS THAT SOMEONE WHO LOOKED LIKE YOU WAS HERE!

Oji-san yell, but Yuuko-san just brush it off and excuse herself to the restroom. Oji-san don't give up and insist her but got scold back by her and Yuuko-san didn't miss the chance to insult Yoko-san.

She then turns back around towards the restroom and walk away. Me and Conan stood a bit far while observing silently when I notice something.

Erena : Hey, Conan?

Conan : Hmm....

Erena : Did you notice?

Conan : .......... Urm. I did. Yoko-san and Yuuko-san.... They look identical from behind.

He said taking a bit longer to answer me, maybe thinking of what I meant by the question.

Erena : Yea. And how does Yuuko-san know the way to the restroom?

I see Conan turn around and heading to where Inspector Megure and Oji-san is. Knowing full well what he wanted to do, I grab his arm stopping him from heading to where they are. He looks at me confusedly while I shook my head.

Erena : I've told you, they won't listen to us. We're just kid.

He then sighs and I let go of his arm. We both just stood there in silent thinking and observing the scene when Ran suddenly came and hug Conan from behind making Conan gasp in surprise and I turn my head to the side looking at them.

Ran : I hope Shinichi and (Y/N) was here. If they were here, they would solve this case right away.... Where did they go?

Erena : Ran!!

Conan : I-I'm-I'm sure they'll be back soon!! So don't worry!!.... Um.... Probably....

I look at Conan then back at Ran. I can feel my heart aching and tightening that it hurts. I brought my hand up to my chest and can feel my eyes stinging.

I quickly turn around and walk away from there before anyone could notice. I shook everything off and start to busy myself on the case. I walk around the room, looking carefully at every detail in case I miss something while keeping up with the 'adult' conversation.