Chapter 24 : The Plan

<Conan POV>

Me and Erena were in school and it's a free hour now means no class for an hour. So the kids in the class are playing around. I still can't believe that I am back to study in grade school. But, like I said, I don't mind much since I am not alone as I look at Erena.

We were talking about the recent homicides that happen this past few days and how to solve it even though it is likely solve by now. But, I actually plan to do something with her. I wanted to invite her to a date this weekend, just the two of us.

As we were talking about the recent homicides, I don't how our topic somehow change from homicides to going to professor's house. Apparently, she invited me to professor's house after school tomorrow to hang out and she plan on baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Erena : Let's go to professor's house tomorrow. I wanted to bake some chocolate chip cookies and also making some side dishes for professor to eat. While we're at it, we can go to your house for awhile to get some mystery books to read. How's that sound?

She said. As soon as she said side dishes, I can just imagine how happy professor would be receiving them. He would be so happy that he will definitely eat everyday which is good for him as he always need to use lots of energy. I would be happy too. I wouldn't lie tho that Erena cooking is really good.

Not gonna says that I don't like my mom or Ran cook, but somehow Erena manage to make her food taste really good that I always ask for more the same goes with professor and my parents. Even my mom approved that Erena cooks better than her which is hardly happen since my mom always wanted to be the best among us.

Conan : Sure, let's do that. Plus, it's been long since I last eat some dessert you make.

I said as a smile crept up on her adorable face. I also notice that since we've been in this situation, stuck in a grade school kid body and attending grade school, she has been a lot more open and cheerful and I like her positive change. I am happy tho that she gets this second change to experience a happy childhood rather than the dark and gloomy past she had after her parents died.

But, the one thing I like the most is her reaction whenever I tease her. Her face always goes bright red whenever I tease her which look so cute. I don't even when did I start liking on teasing her since before, I never really like to tease her much. But, I do feel empty whenever she isn't around even if Ran is with me.

Ayumi : Hey, Conan-kun, Erena-chan, come with us.... We're going ghost-busting!!

I didn't even realize someone came over to our seat and only snap out of my thought once Ayumi, one of our classmate's voice rang through my ear. I look up to see her standing in front of our table. In this class, even the whole school, only Ayumi then follow by Genta and Mitsuhiko reach out to befriend us. Others do want to from how they look, but neither of them dares to come close to us which is weird.

Ayumi said that it is because me and Erena are the star in this school since we are clever, good in sports and have this weird charismatic-elegent aura around us which is for weird for kids to think like that. They're in grade school, not middle school!

I look at Ayumi and thought I put the ghost-busting.

Conan : Ghost-busting....?

Genta : Don't ask him Ayumi! He can't do anything if we bring him along!! I don't mind Erena since I can protect you both.

Genta then exclaimed from behind Ayumi. I look at him with a so done face. He is strong I can say, but he is only a kid. He would still feel scared. I then heard a quiet puff from Erena to see her covering her mouth with a fist and looking at Genta funnily. I guess she did think the same as me. Lucky for her that no one see it hear her.

Ayumi : But, we can't just go by the three of us....

Conan : So, where are these ghosts?

Ayumi : You know, the old western style house on Yonchoume!!

Erena : Yonchoume....?

Ayumi nod then start on telling me and Erena about the stories of the mansion with a serious tone and look on her face trying to scare is, I guess. But ain't working on me and Erena tho.

Ayumi : Yeah!! They say the owner of the house was killed five years ago.... IT'S A MANSION TERROR!!

Me and Erena then glance at each other knowing that we both thought of the same think and then focus back on Ayumi.

Conan : So that case is still unsolved....?

Ayumi : The wife and child moved somewhere after that, but now there are evil spirits living there!

Erena & Conan : E-Evil spirits....?

Me and Erena said in disbelief.

Ayumi : The neighbourhood people say they can hear horrible moans at night. And the skeleton of a stray dog that was lost around the mansion was discovered the day after. And then last night, I saw.... Floating in the window was a.... Hi-HITODAMA!! KYAAAAAA!! Well? You're all excited now, right?

Hearing Ayumi suddenly scream, I automatically wrapped my arms around Erena protectively while she on the other hand grab a fist full of my shirt tightly as both of us look at Ayumi wide eyes, shook. Suddenly, Mitsuhiko voice spoke up and me, Erena, Ayumi and Genta turn our head to look at him with my arms still around Erena and she still holding tightly to my shirt.

Mitsuhiko : That's all just a made up story....

Ayumi : Mitsuhiko-kun....

Mitsuhiko : There's no such thing , in this age of science!! You only see things like ghosts and monsters on TV and in manga....

This make Ayumi feel down. Genta then went up to Mitsuhiko and grab a hold of Mitsuhiko collar then yell at him intimidatingly.

Genta : WHAT?! ARE YOU SAYIN' THAT AYUMI'S LYING?!

Mitsuhiko : N-No, I'm just....

Genta : OKAY, THEN YOU CAN COME WITH US AND PROVE THERE'S NO GHOSTS IN THERE!!

Mitsuhiko : Whaaat?! Me too?!

Genta : WE'RE NOT INVITING YOU, YOU'RE COMING WITH US!!

While Genta is pressuring Mitsuhiko, Ayumi turn back to me and Erena with a sad look on her face.

Ayumi : You believe me, don't you Conan-kun, Erena-chan?

Erena & Conan : Eh....?

Ayumi : DON'T YOU?!

Erena & Conan : Y-Yeah....

Genta : ALL RIGHT, AFTER SCHOOL TOMORROW, WE FIVE SHALL LEAD AN ASSAULT ON THE MANSION!!!

Genta suddenly announce. Ayumi the cheer up and stretch her hand up while holding mine and Mitsuhiko's hand. I then remember something and turn to look at Erena after Ayumi let go of my hand.

Erena : I guess my plan after school tomorrow need to be move to two days later.

I heave a relieve sigh and then nod to her and then proceed on discussing with her about the case at the mansion and our plan at professor's house two days later.

______________________________________________

Heyaa guys, my sweet and lovely reader. Here's the update. But sadly, I can only update a chapter. My assignment is piling up by day so I need to bury myself in it.

It would be hard for me to find time to update chapters. But, don't worry. I won't forget about this book since I put this book update in my to do list along with my assignment list.

Anyway, hope you guys have a nice day. Since we are coming closer to December, I guess most of places around the world is pretty cold now. So, take care of yourself so that you won't catch a cold. It's pretty hard to go out even if we want to go to clinic.

Love you alls. BYE BYE🙆!!💜💜