Chapter 18 : The Photos Speak

<Conan POV>

I take a look at the photos on the coffee table that I just mess up when something caught my attention. I quickly lift up the photos.

Conan : This, this is?! What's with this picture?!

The photos that I am holding shows Negishi-san's eating a bowl of some sort of noodle using a chopstick with his left hand.

Conan : That's funny.... I could have sworn in the earlier photos....

I take a look at another photos I see earlier and it show Negishi-san is in a bank writing something using his right hand.

Conan : Maybe the other photos....

I started to check every photo old man have taken of Negishi-san's the whole three days of shadowing him. I tuck on Erena arm a bit too hard I guess since she stumbles a bit, but quickly regain her balance. And before she can do anything more, I quickly shove the two photos to her then continue to examine other photos.

Conan : It's true.... The dates match up.... These are photos from Monday to Tuesday and these are the ones from Wednesday.... He followed the now-deceased Negishi-san for three days, Monday through Wednesday. The body was discovered Thursday evening, so the crime must have taken place sometime from Wednesday night to Thursday evening.... But, that suspect, Abe Yutaka was on vacation in Kyushu from Wednesday morning to Friday night. His alibi is perfect. But, if my hypothesis is correct, this alibi....

My thought being cut off as I feel two fists being place on each side of my head. Then, a painful pressure can be felt making me cried out in pain and struggling to get away from it as Kogorou keep on pressing his two fists together beside my head.

Conan : UWAA!!

Kogorou : That's enough you brat!

Ran & Erena : Otou-san/Oji-san!!

Old man then releases me from the painful pressure. I can feel my head spinning making everything around me looks like they're spiralling as I lose my balance. An arm suddenly goes under my arm toward my back and a hand on my chest supporting me from falling.

I turn to my right where the person is. Even though my vision is a bit blurry, I still can make out who is the one supporting me, Erena. She looks worried.

Erena : Are you okay?

She asks me which I only nod. After a few seconds, my vision and balance come back as the dizziness gone. Seeing me regaining myself, Erena let go of me.

Kogorou : Take your eyes off him and he gets into mischief....

Old man said as he sits back down on the couch crossing his leg looking smug. I was side glaring him in silence.

Ran : Don't hit Conan-kun when you haven't finished the case yet!

Kogorou : Hmph! Well anyways, the killer is Abe Yutaka!! He had a motive too!

Ran : A motive?

Kogorou : I heard from Inspector Megure, his company currently has a three hundred million yen debt to pay! He's going to use five hundred million from Negishi-san's life insurance payoff to repay the debt. I'm sure of it! And he's going to use the training two hundred million yen to take off overseas!!

Ran : Overseas?

Kogorou : He's going to leave an employee in charge and take a vacation! And he's leaving tonight, at 9 o'clock!

As old man said the time, I become alert and quickly look at the clock on the wall.

Conan : 9 o'clock? So we only have three hours left?! We'll never wrap this up if he makes it out of the country!! All we can do now is to trap him and make him confess.... Don't have time.... I have to get them to the airport somehow.... Okay, I'll try this way....