Chapter 19 : The Talk

<Conan POV>

Me and Erena is at Professor Agasa's house since he told us that he told us that he got another great invention me and Erena can use in catching criminal.

Upon arriving at professor's house, he asked me to hand him my glasses and I did so. While he does his work, me and Erena sit on the couch in his living room relaxing not too far away from professor work table.

Erena have went to the kitchen a few minutes earlier and make some orange juice and taking out some cookies for us to enjoy all the while, I was going through the news in the newspaper.

Conan : Robberies, kidnapping, murder. Man, these cases never stop coming do they....

Agasa : Yeah, but your detective skills are working pretty well, right....?

Conan : But, that dumb Oji-san gets all the credit....

Agasa : Look I finish it!!

Professor said as he stands up from his work table and comes towards me and Erena at the couch and show us my glasses. I take it and examine it.

Agasa : They're my criminal-pursuing glasses!

Conan : How do you use this thing?

I ask literally confuse. Erena too look at the glasses in my hands in confusion.

Agasa : Just press the button on the side....

I look at the side of the glasses in search for the button. Once I see it, I press on it making an antenna extends and turns the main screen on, displayed on the left lens with North, South, East, and West compass directions at the edges with an on, off dot on it.

Conan & Erena : W-wow!!

Conan : What's this one flashing on and off?

I asked professor as me and Erena turn to him for further explanation.

Agasa : I stuck one of these transmitters on a stray cat!! It looks like it's probably in the dump two km east of here. You just need to stick one of these transmitters on someone and you can find wherever they are, as long as they're inside the 20 km radius. You can just leave it here most of the time.

Professor said as he sticks the transmitter on my suit button.

Conan : Oh, it's like a sticker....

Erena : But, professor.... I don't wear glasses....

Erena said to professor. Professor then when to his inventions box and take out a pocket mirror with lots of transmitter in it and give it to Erena. Erena take it with a thanks.

Agasa : Since you didn't  wear glasses, I make this specially for you

Agasa : Since you didn't wear glasses, I make this specially for you. This is the button for it. Try pressing it, to see if it works.

Erena then press the button making an antenna to extends out and the same image as on my glasses appear on the mirror.

Agasa : Ah! And before I forgot, the glasses and the mirror are connected together. So, if Shinichi-kun use his transmitter, you can also see it (Y/N)-chan. The same goes if (Y/N)-chan use her transmitter. You can see it too, Shinichi-kun. Also, you can see each other whereabout with it.

We look at each other then back to professor and nod out head in understanding. After spending a few more minutes on listening professor explanation, we then say our goodbyes and walk back to the agency.

It was a quiet moment walking back to the agency. But, it stop once Erena ask me something.

Erena : Hey, Shin-chan?

Conan : Uhmm....

Erena : What do you think will happen to us? I mean, if we ever get back to our original body, will we still be friends. It's not like I'm going to unfriended you, but I thought of going overseas and start anew there. I am not sure where yet tho. But, my parents do have a house overseas.

As she said that I snap my head to look at her in disbelief. She notices me looking at her and so she turns her head to look at me then give me a small smile. However, this smile is different. I can see that it holds a painful feeling in it making my heart clench in pain.

Conan : Why would you do that? What is wrong living here? Am I not good to you? Did I offend you? Did-?

And before I could continue, Erena cup my mouth with her palm to shut me up. She then let out a chuckle.

Erena : No, you don't Shin.... It just that, I don't know. I feel like something is missing. And I ought of figuring what is it. My heart fells empty for some reason.

I snap her hand away from my mouth and hold her hands in mine. I look at her. My emotions are mixed with sad, pain and angry.

Conan : Can't you not leave.... I can't stand it if you're not around.... We have been friend for years. If you suddenly went out overseas, how about me?

Erena : Baka.... You have Ran with you to keep you company. Plus, you and Ran would be together again as friend or maybe more once we got back our body....

Conan : But, I want to be with you, not Ran....

Erena : Hmmm.... Let's head back to the agency, okay. Let's talk about this later on.

I wanted to argue back but seeing her exspression that somehow hold a pain feeling in it make me shut up. And with that, we continue our way back to the agency. But this time, with a mixed feeling in my chest.

______________________________________________

Tadadan.... Sorry for the late updates. I know that I I promise you guys that I will update only after a week. But now it has been two weeks.

So, here I am, I wanted to apologize.

I am so sorry.🙇🙇. I hope you guys can forgive me.

And so I have come to a conclusion that I will never make promise in the future. But don't worry. This book will keep going as long as I can.

Thank you for your support my beloved readers. Hope you guys are healthy and fine. If you don't then get well soon.

Remember to always take care of yourself especially in this time. Goodbye.