Flying

(Jack Dawson x reader)

U know, cuz after reading "finally flying" and crying, I decided this was necessary.

Y/n's POV

I sat on the bench of the titanic, enjoying the breeze of the night sky. Well, it was almost night, the sun was still waiting to set. All I had was a cigar and the sky above me and that was all I needed.

A day ago, my best friend Jack and I won a game of poker, buying us 2 tickets to the titanic. Suddenly he saved a women from falling off the ship and now he is some hero. He doesn't even know the lady that well, and I'm convinced there is more to that story than she just "slipped".

Jack was out at a fancy dinner with the rich. It honestly made me jealous. Not only was he hanging with rich people, but he was hanging with pretty women. Prettier women than me at least. All prom and proper, all I've had all my life was Jack. Just two peas in a pod, and it's always been that way. No first class lady can take that friendship.

I heard giggling as I looked up to see Jack walking with that first class girl. She was wearing a very long fancy dress, like this...

 She was wearing a very long fancy dress, like this

My dress? Not so much elegant. I'm a poor girl, what do you want from me?

(A/n I just really like the dress I had to add it!)

"Come Josephine in my flying machine, and up she goes! Up she goes!" Jack and the women practically screamed. Rose was her name?

"Hey! Y/n!" Jack said, noticing me on the bench of the ship. Great, now I need to pretend I'm not hurt seeing them together. Not to mention that was my song with Jack.

I stood up as they walked over to me. I quickly hid my cigarette, considering a first class lady was about to come up to me. Blowing smoke in her face wouldn't be a great first impression. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind shoving a whole pack of cigarettes down her throat. Sorry, that was violent. I just don't like stuck up princesses.

"This is Rose," Jack introduces me to the lady he had "saved" a few night earlier.

"Nice to meet you Y/n," Rose said with a smile as she held out her hand. Her breathe reeked of beer and alcohol. She stood with her hand out and I through my cigarette overboard, shaking her hand.