Drinks and Dances

(Jack Dawson x Reader)

I'm aware that the gif's aren't from the movies they belong to but... it's my book I do what I want

Y/n's POV

My best friend and I were in the third class basement of the titanic. It was a party down there with a bunch of music and dancing. I was lucky enough to get third class tickets for my birthday, which was tomorrow.

I invited my best friend Y/f/n to join me and of course she agreed to come along. Besides, it was the ship of dreams.

Y/f/n was dancing with a bunch of people we didn't know as I sat and watched. I wasn't the type to dance.

I got up and grabbed some drinks for me and Y/s/n as I continued to try and reach her. Of course I was trying to be careful, but it was hard to when all these people were dancing.

Suddenly, I was pushed and I spilled the drinks on a random third class man. I dropped the glasses as I instantly looked for the man that I had dropped the two drinks on.

"I am so sorry, I'll clean it up for you," I offered the man as I tried looking for something that would soak up the mess.

"No it's fine I got it," the man said. I looked up to see the man who had blonde hair, and dark blue eyes. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't cute.

"Nonsense," I said. I was running out of ideas and  took the hem of my dress and ripped it. It was just a piece of cloth now. We both moved out of the crowed as I handed him the price of my dress.

"You didn't need to do that you know," he laughed as he cleaned himself with the clothing.

"What was I supposed to do, leave you there?" I asked.

"I'm Jack, Jack Dawson," the man said. What a pleasant name.

"I'm Y/n L/n," I said.

"Well Y/n, can I get you anything to drink?" He offered.

"As long as I don't spill it again," I joked and we both laughed. He weren't over to a table and grabbed two drinks for the both of and we sat down.

"So, did you come here all alone?" Jack asked.

"No, I came here with my friend, although I don't know where she went," I said as I took a sip of the cold beer. "How did you manage your way in the ship."

"A game of poker," he said as he drank almost half the glass he had in his hand. "I came with my friend to, he helped me win after all."

"Well, then I guess were both abandoned by our friends," I laughed.

"Yeah, maybe we can be friends," Jack said.

"I think I would like that." I said as we drank in unison.

"So Y/n, would you like to dance?" Jack asked as he stood up

"No I would not," I said. As I said earlier, I wasn't the type to dance.

"Cmon, it's not that bad," Jack said as he grabbed my hand.

"Jack I don't know this song," I laughed.

"Neither do I, just go with it," Jack said as he moved in closer to me and began to move his feet, taking me with him. We danced around until the music stopped.

Jack and I left the third class area and up to B deck, where it was more quiet. I had just met this man and I was already in love with every feature of him.

"When this ship docks, I'm getting off with you," I said to him.

"What? We just met," Jack laughed. "This is crazy."

"I know, but I'm going to go with it," I said. I could feel a instant connection between us and waisted no time to what my mind was telling me, so I kissed him. I'm fact, it seemed like he didn't mind, because he held me closer.

"Y/n?" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked behind Jack to see Y/f/n and what I was guessing to be Jack's friend.

"Oh um..." I didn't know what to say at that point. My best friend just caught me kissing somebody who I had just met half an hour ago.

"Y/f/n this is Jack," I said. I had nothing else to say. What could I say. Y/f/n just silently waved to Jack as she approached me, grabbing my hand.

"Come on, I'm tired," Y/f/n said. She tried pulling Jack and I away but we kept a grip on each other.

"Wait! When will I see you again?" Jack asked.

"Tomorrow! A deck, bright and early," I directed as I let go of his hand and Y/f/n dragged me back to the third class hallway.

Jack's POV

"So, it took you 5 hours aye?" Fabrizio said.

"5 hours for what?" I asked as my eyes didn't leave the last place I saw Y/n before she was out of sight.

"5 hours to fall in love my friend," He laughed. I guess he was right, but I only met her over a couple Drinks and a Dance. I never thought I'd fall in love on the ship of dreams.

Y/n is a dream though. My dreams that are filled with Drinks and Dances.