part 5 a new life.

Tatsumi pov

It had been 2 weeks since Ieyasu and Sayo had died I still mourn their deaths. I hadn't decided whether or not I was going to join night raid or not so many questions still swirled in my mind. Though they had taken me in I was still suspicious and I still worried about everything else that was going on. I had tried to tell them that there was somebody else in the house that had gotten taken in just like me they had another teammate that said that there was no one else there so that made me wonder where did A/Y go? Had the family threatened him or was it just conjecture as I thought all this I got yanked out of my thoughts by a familiar voice behind. The Tall Blonde-headed woman Leone stood behind me. I didn't like how she always snuck up behind me but I guess that was just par for the course for her.

Leone- what wrong little man

Tatsumi- I'm still having problems sleeping.

Leone- have you decided rather or not you're going to join us or not?

Tatsumi- I don't know.

Leone- come on you should join us you have a natural talent for this kind of work.

Tatsumi- it's not a question of whether or not I would be good at it or not it's just I feel out of place if that makes sense.

The Tall Blond took me in her arms and pulled me closer to her.

Leone- well you don't have to make your decision right now but I should introduce you to everybody formally.

And just like that, she started dragging me along to meet the other members of night raid. After several hours of meeting everybody, I met the boss ex-general Najenda she was a former general of the Imperial military. My first impression of her was that she had been through quite a lot she was missing her right arm and right eye. We make our way back to the base and everyone tells Najenda what I did at the mansion and what happened to my friends. She stays quiet for a long time before she responds.

Najenda- I think I understand everything that's going on so Tatsumi how would you like to join night raid?

Tatsumi- you'll kill me if I say no

Najenda- we won't kill but we won't allow you to leave will simply have you go to work in one of our shops I'm not saying that you should join us I'm simply strongly recommending that you do.

Bulat- the Empire is corrupt wouldn't you like to help rip out that corruption at its roots?

Najenda- Bulat was once a high-ranking officer in the Imperial military he knows what he's talking about.

Bulat- the people cry out for revolution to change this corrupt system so that everyone can live a better life so that the tragedy that happened to your friends can never again happen.

Tatsumi- I understand and I agree that the Empire's messed up and it needs to change in a way you guys are the ones who are really the good guys trying to seed change.

everybody except the boss and Akame burst into laughter

Leone- Tatsumi you can try and dress it up however you want to but we're still murderers.

Sheele- there is nothing honorable about what we do at any day we could be forced to pay for the lives that we've taken.

Bulat- any mission that we go on could kill us or maim us for life.

As silence fell over the group the guy with green hair Lubbock reacted looking down to his hand the device that he wore scene to spun around. As if to Signal something or just give a warning.

Lubbock- we have Intruders there about 12 or 15 of them.

Najenda- go eliminate all of them non are to survive.