part 22 Republic support

Tomoyo pov

The quarters that we were in were slightly primitive the Jedi Council and the supreme chancellor had given us the go-ahead. Our group was made up of me a bounty hunter and a few senate guards Our numbers were few but we would make quick work of any target. The Jedi Order had misgivings about trusting Palpatine with the gateway however it wasn't completely explained to him. Anakin was simply tinkering with a right arm prosthetic he may not be a proper Jedi but he certainly dresses like one and certainly use the weapon of one. Under the cover of Darkness, we made our way to the main city the people that were out eyed us suspiciously I guess we did stand out more due to our robes and our weapons our guide didn't seem to say anything he struck me as the non-conversationalist. We eventually approached a very large structure Anakin had told us that it was the Imperial Palace and ask for us not to cause a scene if at all possible. We all agreed as we got to the Palace Gates we were stopped by a guard at the front entrance.

Guard- hold civilians are not permitted here.

A/Y- the minister is expecting us my name is A/Y

The guard looked perplexed at least for a moment before calling over one of his subordinates. As they talk Tomoyo speaks to Anakin in a whisper

Tomoyo- so your not going by your real name?

A/Y-  they don't need to know. They know me as A/Y all of you know the real me and that's enough for me.

Tomoyo- what did you do to get us in here?

A/Y- after I interrogated the rebel spy it's gained us access to the palace.

Tomoyo- did you kill them?

Tomoyo reached into the Force to reassure her mind.

A/Y- no even though it would have made things easier I couldn't do it. By the way, we have to handle things somewhat diplomatically but we won't have to play nice forever at least until we get what we're after. whatever you see happen inside of here do not act on Impulse.

Tomoyo could tell that Anakin was saying that more for his benefit than theirs. from what he had told the Jedi council the Empire did public executions and torture sessions some of them happening inside the Imperial Palace. Tomoyo understood that this was going to test Anakin's fortitude the test if he could truly keep his emotions and check. Just then the guards came back

Guard- you're permitted to enter the grounds all of you the minister will be waiting for you.

A/Y- well you heard them, boys, we mustn't keep the minister waiting.

Quickly we all filed in and made our way into the Imperial Palace Anakin and Tomoyo observed everything inside the palace it was a little bit too Grande for both Jedi's taste. As we continue to walk down the hall we became aware of a rather pudgy individual. Anakin had stated before we came here to not be fooled by The Minister's appearance that looks weird horrifically deceptive.

Honest pov

I watched as 7 people walked towards me the man in front of them seem to be dressed in somewhat normal clothes his 7 subordinates were dressed in similar robes and clothes. So these were the people that were able to get the information from the rebel spy and were able to get it quickly. I knew I would have to contact my superior eventually he would want to be apprised of the situation. The one dressed in dark robes looked to be in his twenties if not a little bit older. His Kind face held a deep hatred and resentment towards anybody he deemed unworthy or so it appeared. This man would help with the gate project he just needed the second Teigu to open up the Gateway to allow our world to merge with the World Between Worlds. After exchanging some pleasantries I showed his group where they were going to stay below the Imperial Palace by the gate I even offered them food which they took rather willingly although they were suspicious of it at first. Their Commander was another story entirely I offered to have him dine with me which he accepted but he only seemed to drink water the entire time.