part 8 Shadows

Bulat pov

I talk to Najenda about what I had seen and what I had felt. She had said to keep it quiet and to myself for the time being that she would discuss it with everybody else in private. A/Y would be going out on a mission by himself so that would be the perfect opportunity to discuss it with everyone. Ever since that day I haven't been able to look him in the eyes when we pass each other. Even when I train with him and Tatsumi I can't shake the feeling of absolute dread something was going to happen something horrible. A few days later he left for his mission he kissed Sheele before he left telling her he'd be back soon and vanished into the darkness later that night Najenda called us into the meeting room and asked me to recount the events of the mission what I had seen everything. Everyone stayed quiet but the facial expressions were all different. Akame State emotionless as usually she did not show any signs of what she was thinking. Leone showed more worried than anything else. Mine listen intently probably trying to wrap her mind around everything. Bulat could tell that Sheele was increasingly becoming worried even frightened when I described the  Voice on the other side. There was a reaction that was small and probably wouldn't have been noticeable by anybody but Tatsumi's arm started shaking as if recalling a disturbing memory. After I was done explaining the room went quiet.

Najenda- in your honest opinion is he a threat to us?

Bulat- I don't know and I can't be one hundred percent certain.

Sheele- he's not like that.

Bulat turned his head to look at Sheele with a sympathetic look in his eyes.

Bulat- Sheele I understand that you love him I understand he's your husband. But that being stated he has a power that you don't understand. Not to mention that very powerful people seem to know more about him than he knows about himself.

Sheele- but he wouldn't do anything to hurt us.

Najenda pops on a cigarette.

Najenda- whether or not he would or not is irrelevant Sheele. Bulat is right he possesses powers that he didn't tell you about. What other secrets is he keeping from you or from us?

Sheele- everybody's entitled to their secrets why can't he keep a few from us.

Akame- I don't like to admit it but Sheele is right. Maybe he didn't feel comfortable sharing that part of his life with us.

Lubbock- all we really can do is keep an eye on him I mean he's part of the Revolutionary Army and he is part of this team.

Najenda- Sheele I know you don't want to hear this but you need to have your husband open up more with you and then tell us.

Sheele looked at them

Sheele- you're asking me to violate his trust that he has in me.

Najenda- I'm not asking you the Revolutionary Army is asking you.

Everyone turned to look at her.

Najenda- the three years that he was gone from this part of the country very few people know what he was doing. During his travels, he linked up with a more radical group of the Revolutionary Army they were responsible for Ops. The man that took his right arm was his commanding officer who recently defected back to the Empire. He has a similar weapon to A/Y. I received a letter from the Revolutionary Army while you guys were out on your mission they have told us that he is more than likely looking for the man to settle the score.

Mine- why bother settling the score it's not like he'll get his arm back?

Najenda- Bulat you stated in your report that the noblemen talked about something called the World Between Worlds and that it required two keys?