part 31 Secret gift

Air pov

It was early in the morning or was it still dark outside she could never tell. The weeks seem to go by in a blur I was still haunted by the nightmares of that night. What would have happened if A/Y hadn't come when he did? I still couldn't talk to him without other people being around it just felt awkward. Fal was learning martial arts skills in order to become a better fighter. Luna with learning how to use a blaster and how to disassemble and reassemble and was beginning to understand exactly how to use such a weapon in quick succession the soldiers we're actually extremely good teachers even though it looked like they were inpatient they were understanding. That just left me what could I learn to not be helpless to not be weak? Over the past several nights I would awake to an interesting feeling something was calling to me something I didn't quite understand. I decided that when everybody was asleep or was gone I would follow this feeling. One night The Empire Strike team the Jaegers went out on a mission at the behest of the minister A/Y and the woman Tomoyo went out. For the first time in a long time we were alone the three of us. We all stay together eating food though it wasn't the best food it was better than nothing. The Soldiers had said these were Army rations that was given to assassins and mercenaries and other such things I never quite understood that but once you get past the taste it was actually really good and healthy apparently.

Fal- A/Y is really kind of a grueling teacher, isn't he?

Luna looked over at her friend

Luna- you know why he's doing it though, don't you? He doesn't want any of us to ever become a victim ever again.

Air looked at her friends perhaps Luna had a point perhaps that was the reason why he pushed them so hard. But if that's true why hadn't he pushed her.

Fal- his trainings is just unbelievably grueling. And then there's ca Tomoyo and the other Troopers. The way they're training us it feels like we're going to be going to war.

Luna- you're right about that I do feel a little bit odd that they have such a focus on that. Air what do you think?

Air wasn't paying attention to her two friends the feeling of something calling to her was coming from a corner of the room she slowly got up from the eating area and began to walk over.

Fal- what's wrong are you ok?

Air- I'm fine I just need to see something

The two other girls get up from the table and walk with her. Air pulls back the curtain to reveal a small living quarters there is a small cot and a small workbench. The area seemed both personal and very impersonal. The bed had nothing more than just a small sheet on it while the workbench was covered with mechanical parts.

Luna- this is A/Y room

Fal- he's got a lot of interesting stuff around here.

Air looked at the workbench and noticed a wanted poster a necklace with a purple gem on it. Two strange weapons that reminded her of the strange weapon A/Y carried on his belt and a Cube like object. But it wasn't the cube that was calling out to her it was the necklace with the stone attached to it. Air extended her hand a little bit before she noticed the wanted poster the girl that was on the poster was beautiful.