part 49 a painful lesson

Tatsumi's pov

It all happened within a split second I had very little time to think. I saw A/Y closing the distance between himself and Mine the dark blue blade of his weapon getting closer to her so on instinct I moved. Forgetting completely about Kurome I moved to protect my friend my comrade. I quickly close the distance extending my right hand to push Mine out of the way. A/Y dark blue blade came down with such power and strength at first I thought my armored would hold against his weapon but with one more move he swung the blade underneath my hand and came up again. Within that moment my hand was cut off just below my wrist I've never experienced such pain in my life. I screamed out in pain as my severed hand fell into the stomach of Kurome's puppet dissolving instantly.

Mine- oh God

Anakin turns his head to look at Mine but before he can react Najenda and Susanoo show up with his one good hand Tatsumi grabs Mine and gets her out of the firing range of the two fighters. Tomoyo jumps out of the forest to stand beside the group.

Najenda- Kurome your outnumbered your done and as for you Anakin aiding and embedding our enemies you are now just as guilty as they are.

Tomoyo- Anakin this is not the Jedi way. Revenge is never Justified no matter how good it may feel at the time.

Anakin looked at Tomoyo with look of confusion but also reverence. Mine couldn't prove it but she was certain that the force gave people the ability to communicate simple messages. After a short pause Anakin spoke directly to the group.

Anakin- I think you have a bigger problem eventually that kids adrenaline rush is going to run out and that wound that I inflicted on him is going to hurt really bad.

Najenda turned her head slightly to look at Tatsumi. The boy's hand had been amputated just below his wrist the cut had been extremely Surgical. Anakin left his hand up towards his mouth.

Anakin- Luna do you have a shot?

The voice of a young girl comes through the microphone.

Luna- yes I do

Anakin- take the shot destroy the Teigu we'll regroup at the Rendezvous point.

Luna- Rodger that.

Tomoyo looks at him Anakin turns to walk away.

Kurome- you're just going to leave me here?

Anakin- your life is not my prerogative and even with me helping you we wouldn't survive. One my comrade will not let me kill you and secondly they do outnumber us.

As Anakin was talking everyone heard a loud shot different than pumpkin Najenda surmise that his partner had taken a shot at somebody on the battlefield but it was none of them.

Anakin- and with that, Another One Bites the Dust.

Night raid looks at him. What was he talking about? Before any of them can ponder this the expression on his face changes from smug to worried Tomoyo's face also changed as well. Quickly Anakin raises his left hand up and talks into a communicator

Anakin- Luna Run for Cover now

Anakin's message went out too late a large explosion bigger than anything any of them had seen before it erupted