Peace, Fully Restored

The bed was cold and empty when I woke up, but from downstairs, I heard Geralt speak in the soft voice that was reserved only for a very stressed Roach and our little fox. He had picked up Crevan while I had been asleep. I smiled and started to get out of bed. My feet carried me for exactly two steps before I fell to my knees with a thud.

"Ow," I groaned.

The stairs creaked and moments later, my husband stood in the doorway, our son in one arm. He chuckled at how he found me: on the floor, still naked and on all fours, legs feeling like jelly. I shot him a glare and used the bedframe to pull me up, wrapping me in the bed sheets.

Geralt had a shit eating grin on his face. "You're a mess," he chuckled.

I roll my eyes. "Well, yeah. And whose fault is that?" Then I direct my eyes to our son, my glare dissolving. "You want to come to mummy?" I coo, holding out my arms.

An excited squeal leaves his little face and Geralt walks him over towards me, handing me our little fox.

"Are you hungry, little one?" I ask as he grabs at the sheets covering my breasts.

"Ana said she fed him shortly after sunrise," Geralt answered instead for his son. He sat down next to me and I shoot him a questioning look.

"Sunrise? How late is it? And how long did I sleep?"

Another chuckle. "Yes, sunrise. It's just past noon. And you've slept for as long as you needed. I noticed that you barely slept this past week so I didn't want to wake you." He leaned down to bury his face in the crook of my neck, an arms sliding around my waist so I couldn't escape him as he sucked yet another mark on my pale skin. The scrape of his stubble contrasted deliciously with the softness of his lips on my tender skin and I wanted to moan so badly, but bit it back for the sake of Crevan. Even though he was too understand, he shouldn't have witness this.

A strand of Geralt's hair fell over his shoulder, right into Crevan's reach and our fox grabbed it, proudly holding it in his tiny fist as he giggled. It caused my husband to pull back and I let out a sigh.

"Mhh, did you finally get a hold on daddy's hair, dear?" I laughed down at our son. He shook his hand, tugging slightly at the witcher's mane, making him lower his head a little, so the tugs would be empty.

"This is the only time I let you have it," he growled playfully at the child, "Only your mother is allowed to do that."

I was about the protest, but Crevan started whining, letting go of Geralt's hair to tug on the sheets instead.

"Yeah, someone's hungry," I smiled down at the cranky child. Geralt let go of me so I could scoot back in bed, lean against the headboard. Once in a comfortable position, I pulled the sheets down, laying Crevan in my arms so he could drink. Hungrily, he latched on and drank. My husband gazed lovingly at the two of us.

"You're right," I mumbled.

"Hm?"

"About your Child of Surprise... It should be with its parents. I couldn't stand the thought if you took this from the parents; if I made you do it. I'm sorry for the shit I've said, forgive me, but I was just so scared for our son, I still am. But I know that destiny will determine the time when to bring you two together."

Geralt crawled up the bed and sat right next to me. He kissed my forehead and stared into my eyes intently.

"There is nothing to forgive," he said, voice stern yet soft, "Everything you said is true. If anyone has to beg for forgiveness, it's me. I shouldn't have brought up the Great Cleansing. I know you still have nightmares of that day."