Chapter 4 | Feud Between Two Houses

Friday, September 8

Well, the week hasn't gone so bad. The first day was by far the worst, but the rest of Umbridge's classes have gone smoothly. Gryffindor even earned five points in Charms from me.

That's right, all of you. I earned us five. whole. points. Okay, okay, maybe it doesn't seem much. But I was proud when it happened.

So was Fred. He patted me on the back and gave me a kiss on the cheek when he found out. That made it 100 times better, naturally.

Even better, Fred has adapted to my new friendship with Marlene and Susan, the two first year sisters. Well, it's more of me looking after or maybe babysitting them. I don't mind, though.

In fact, Marlene is sitting in my lap now while we wait for Susan to get back from McGonagall's office. Marlene told me she went to ask the teacher for some clarity on one of her assignments after dinner.

Fred puts an arm around me as we sit with the 11 year old. She is reading an old book of mine, Anne of Green Gables. I recall reading that same book around this time last year.

Marlene suddenly gets up. "Susan has been gone for a while. I'm going to go look for her." Very protective, such a Gryffindor trait.

"No," I immediately say. I give Fred an apologetic look and get up. "You sit with Fred. I'll find Susan and bring her back. She might have gotten lost, it is pretty dark out."

I don't want Marlene to get in trouble for being out late, nor Susan. I would take the blame for both of them, and besides it would be faster if I just got Susan.

I leave the common room, praying to get Susan before some teacher can get us in trouble.

She is nowhere near the Gryffindor tower. I go the short walk to McGonagall's class to see if Susan is just on her way.

Where is she?

I hear voices coming from the girl's bathroom and hope it is Susan. Who else would be out at this time?

I peek around the corner and hear, "Can I go now?" It is Susan undoubtedly. I can tell she is scared by her quivering voice, but she tries to hide it.

"I remember my first year. I was more respectful with than you and I'm a Slytherin."

Oh hell no. It's Greengrass. What is she doing here? Never mind that, I step inside and she continues, "Gryffindor's are really snobbish, aren't they? Need to taught a lesson."

"No! Please let me go, I don't want to get in trouble with the teachers and-"

"Greengrass, leave her alone," I snap coldly. I step closer, but she is still in between Susan and I.

She turns around, effectively flipping her hair. She smirks. "Another Gryffindor. Come to spoil the fun?"

"What is it with you and Gryffindors? Your grudge against us is pathetic," I scowl.

"You're pathetic. You and your little Gryffindor twats." She raised her wand and points it at Susan, much to my distress. "I'm just giving you what you deserve."

"She's right, you know," a new voice speaks. I turn around to see Pansy Parkinson coming into the bathroom. "The Gryffindors have been rather nasty to us."